Insecurity

[Y/n] sat on the front steps of the abandoned boys' dorms with Rin and Yukio, waiting for the rest of the class to show up for the boot camp. [Y/n] and Rin were dressed in their casual clothes while Yukio opted to wear his uniform. As they waited, [Y/n]'s mind flashed through the events of the last few days, almost all of which revolved around Shiemi running around for Kamiki like her personal servant. The poor girl was oblivious to the fact that she was being used like a maid. [Y/n] was seriously considering stepping into the situation. And he could tell that Rin was too.

"So why are we having boot camp at our dorm anyway?" Rin asked, pulling [Y/n] from his thoughts as both he and Yukio turned toward the navy-haired male.

"It's convenient and, besides, we're the only ones living here, so we won't be disturbing anyone." Yukio explained, taking a glance up at the old building before turning back to his brother. "It's going to be fine." He assured and Rin just nodded, not even bothered enough to argue with him. The sound of approaching footsteps pulled their attention toward the eight students that were stood before them, waking up at the old building. [Y/n] noticed that the rest of them were all dressed in their uniforms like Yukio. Well, everyone except Shiemi, because she didn't have a uniform, and Yamada, because when didn't he ever take that hoodie off?

"Good morning. Your class has arrived." Shima greeted, waving at Yukio while the others were still focused on the appearance of the dorms.

"Good morning, everyone." Yukio replied, stepping off of the stairs and moving toward the students while [Y/n] and Rin stayed sitting where they were.

"Seriously?" Bon asked, sounding almost offended as he looked up at the dorms. "This thing looks like something out of a horror movie." He complained and Koneko nervously nodded in agreement as he surveyed the surrounding area.

"Wow. It's so creepy and ugly." Kamiki added, shuddering at the thought of even stepping inside that building. "Was this the best place we could find to do this?" She asked, groaning quietly when Yukio shook his head. She let out a sigh before turning to Shiemi. "Oh, take it." She ordered, handing Shiemi her bag. The blonde girl happily took it, smiling widely. Paku seemed to be growing more and more uncomfortable with the way that Kamiki was treating Shiemi. He could tell that Rin was just as pissed off. Before either of them could even open their mouths to say something, Shima took a step toward them.

"Couldn't we use the library that you said you used to live in?" He asked, directing his question toward [Y/n]. Bon and Koneko stepped forward too, seemingly wondering the same thing. The [h/c]-haired male just stared at them with a deadpan expression.

"Do you want brain damage because you got hit in the head with an encyclopedia?" He asked in a monotone voice. The Kyoto Trio and the Okumura twins all sweatdropped at the question. It was silent for a moment until Shima awkwardly spoke up.

"No?" The pink-haired boy replied, unsure of how else to respond to that question.

"Then there's your answer." [Y/n] replied, shuddering at the very thought of holding the boot camp in Mabaa's little hellhole library. He appreciated what she had done for him. But he would never subject his friends to that abuse. He didn't want any of them getting permanent brain damage because they sneezed and disturbed the old hag's knitting. Yukio just stared at him for a moment, honestly wanting to meet this Mabaa woman to see if [Y/n]'s claims were true. He shook off the thought before turning back to the class.

"Let's head inside and get started." He ordered and the class nodded, looking him inside the building and up to one of the empty rooms.

~*~

"Times up!" Yukio exclaimed, causing everyone to simultaneously drop their pens. A chorus of relieved sighs and annoyed groans sounded through the room. "Turn your papers over and hand them in please." Yukio requested and everyone complied, turning over their tests and passing them to the front of the room.