Chapter 1 Act 2-1: Preparation and Budget

*Tick-Tock!* *Tick-Tock!* *Tick-Tock!*

In another personal bedroom, Zhongli was busy reading the books that he borrowed from the library. He'd always make sure to return the book in a proper time as he didn't want to be suffered by the wrath of Lisa.

The book is an old novel titled "Journey to The West", which depicts a monkey man who longs for immortality. He is very impressed by the writing as the book itself is very thorough. "What an interesting book."

*Knock, knock!*

He heard a knock on his door, "You can come in." The visitor opens the door, which is revealed to be Ei and Venti. He saw them displaying worried expressions on their face, which indicated him back to the previous watch. "I'm guessing you have questions on my future death."

"Yes, what were you planning before we arrived here?" Ei immediately questions him as her eyes were very bright, "Did she attempt to–"

"No, she didn't." Zhongli answered her immediately, "There wasn't a third party involved in my death."

"But why were you calm about it?" Venti asked, "I thought that it would be surprising to see your death happen on the Rite of Descension!"

Knowing his strange behavior of watching that, gives them some suspicious look. He cannot tell them now, not yet as the time of it is not right now. "The answer lies in that footage of the future. Besides, you will also be visited by the travelers one way or another."

He points to Ei, which raises a good point. "It's better to not know what would happen in our watching section, only know it after we're done watching the future."

Hearing that he won't reveal anything to them, makes the two Archons feel distraught about this. They heard a knock on the door, which surprised them.

The door opens, revealing Makoto to be the visitor. "The next section is ready, you should prepare yourselves for what is to come."

They nodded on that, to which Makoto left as he closed the door. The Archons look at each other with a tired look, "Our conversation isn't over."

"Of course, we're only getting started," Venti tells her as the three of them prepare heading back to the room where they watch the future.

-Timeskip-

After everyone went to their seats, they started to feel weirded out by the atmosphere. They could feel something was definitely going on behind their backs, "Why do I feel... a lot of gloom all of the sudden?" Fischl questions this.

Barbara turned to Venti and saw him displaying some tired look, "Is there something wrong, Lord Barbatos?"

"No, it's nothing. I think I just felt sickened from drinking too much wine." Hearing that made her sigh at this.

"I thought I told you to stop drinking alcohol and drink something natural." But Rosaria didn't take it likely as she found it strange about his answer. She could tell something had happened to him as everyone was getting ready to watch the future.

As for Ei, she couldn't hide her frustration as it clearly could be told by Sara and Miko. They were very worried about her as they were afraid something must have happened after she went alone with the Anemo Archon.

They stop thinking about that as they hear a click on the monitor, 'Brace yourselves for another future, everyone. And please be on your good behavior while watching the future.'

They nodded on that, to which they saw the video begin itself.

After a long rest, Boboiboy and Lumine were doing some commissions that were available to them along with training themselves to improve on their combat. The boy with the cap was outside of Liyue Harbor as he helped the Wangshu Inn with repairing the stairs.