𝐈𝐈

⋆·˚ ༘ *

Washington, Olympia.
Time : 12:00 AM

She walked up on to the base with her things packed. It was early in the morning when she had got their 12 o'clock right on the dot. The gates opened up more for her as she saw a helicopter waiting for her. As she arrived the wind of the helicopter blades, casting her hair everywhere.

Ember sped up her walking as she had seen a yet another familiar face. From her first years in the military. "Lieutenant Jones. it's good to see you again." Captain Lee  was standing in front of her with a smile as big as can be. She shook his hand as she hopped on the helicopter. Closing the door behind her. As she grabbed a head set from above her as they both hoped in together. Right next to her was Kate and a soldier she had never seen before, with a semi automatic in his hand resting between his legs.

"Can't say the same Lee." She said in front of him giving him a happy smile. 

"Why is that? You ain't happy too see your old man back?" He teased her. Giving her a wink. He saw her face now for the first time in the light. Ember saw his face change into a surprised one for a split second and right back to his military facial features.

"You know I was planning to live a long life. But here I am back on another fucking suicide mission." Ember said giving him a sharp look.

"Well bloody what's the fun in that, lieutenant." He picked back. "I know you better than that."

"We have less than 48 hours to get to the base in
Al Mazrah." She said going over the mission.
"What the fucking hell am I going to Syria, I thought he was in Iraq." Ember commented back at her.

"Not anymore, he's working with a new Intel unit. He wants reconciliation for the Ghorbrani strike, he wants get to revenge." She said.

"So you are telling me Hassan is back." She said he panic began to rise. It's was the man who bombed her in her unit. It was the man that killed everyone she held deer to her heart, killing the only man she loved.

She felt an episode starting to begin.

breathe just breathe.

She kept telling herself that she closed her eyes. The PTSD of her mission rarely came up nowadays. Thankful for the months of therapy she had taken for it. "Are you okay?" Kate grabbed her arm.

"Yes!" She snapped. She opened up her eyes to see them all looking at her. "I'm fine I just haven't heard that name in a while."

" Sergeant, may I ask what happened?" Asked captain Lee.

"To my face." She stated.

"Yes." Lee said.

"I was the only survivor in my unit. I was working at the nurses station. When they came in and bombed the whole base up. Killing everyone in there." She said remembering everyone screaming right before the bombs went off. Her love dying in front of her. "I'm the only surviver of the turkey strike."

The strike on Turkey was one of the most well known bombing since the one after 9/11. It was all over the news for months after as the United States where in raged with them. As the peace leaders have been going on about rather to get into war or not with turkey. "I'm glad you are here with us lieutenant." Captain Lee said with a smile slapping her knee in away of comfort.

"Me too." She said after getting her mind back into mode . "So tell me why i was so important for this mission?"

"Yes." Kate spoke up. "We needed you for your  stealth and sniper skills. Along side we need a first line medic." She said showing a map speaking into the head set. Ember looked at a map of Al Mazrah. Seeing the two houses and a base a few clicks from them. "They have missiles and AQ's littered with them and we believe they are hiding Hassan. Whatever it is, they're highly protecting it"she pulled up more of the map and the hot spots.