𝐕𝐈

⋆·˚ ༘ *

She found the running helped cleared her mind. Every morning at night she was finding herself running miles without taking a break until her watch told her it was time for her to stop.

The past was creeping in at night and when was alone she was talking with many of the other troops on base along side soap the past two days. Hardly talking to Ghost who seemed to be annoyed every time she walk near him. So she found her self finding every opportunity to get under that callous think fucking skin of his the day then went running she found herself realizing how much of a short temper he really had. Man she loved how much she could do it.

Ember was training every day she wasn't on call at the medical center, more like working as a volunteer for them. It was around lunch time where she was practicing her knife throwing skills. She threw with a deadly aim then after the 16th one it was starting to show where she was lacking at, which was stamina in her efforts without the adrenaline she needed to carry-on.

Target after target she would miss it, only making her more intolerable with herself. Each time she felt the wind of the knife go out of her hand she as notice the less force that it had. "You need to put more force into each throw." She felt an overly large figure from behind her.

"I fucking know okay." Ember was now more inflamed that he had been watching it all happen.

"Well clearly you haven't been trying." Ghost said louder. Well that just confirmed her suspicions.

"Go stock in some trees of somewhere else would you." She said back to him.

"I'm good." The air of his breath hitting the top of her head. Feeling more inclined to make the bull's-eye on the target. In fact she did. The blade hitting it more straighter then before. "No get out of my ear." She turned around facing him. Of course his mask was on, Ghost was wearing jeans, black shirt that fitted his body a little to well for Ember and his combat boots. His arms crossing over one another, flexing his biceps.

Ghost and Ember was now staring each other down. "Are you still Good?" She smiled looking deep into his eyes. The brown deep pits of unknown secrets she couldn't read, he was the first person to give her a challenge. He didn't say anything, and began to walk off. "So are we off to dinner?"

"I am." He said a bit annoyed.

They ate lunch together before she had a shift at the medical center. Going back to her room and changing into her scrubs.

At dinner that  night she found herself doing it again, annoying the piss out of Ghost. "So Ghost I have a real genuine question." She said picking at her food.

"What?" He said seemingly pissed off.

"Do Britt's really love their tea that much. I've always wanted to know." She was giving him a satisfied smirk. She propped her head on her hand waiting for him to answer so she could say another joke. Seeing how much she was rubbing off on soap.

"Yes we do." He said looking up at Ember through the mask. 

"Haha I knew it," she chuckled it to herself.

"You wanna know something else." He said sincerely, sarcastic.

"What?" She told her head to the side, knowing what he was about to say, was rather going to be snarky or sarcastic.

"We also can't stand you Americans." He said the words muffling through the mask.

"My feelings are so hurt did you know that?"she put a hand over her chest fluttering her eyelashes at him.