𝐗

⋆·˚ ༘ *

They let Hassan go as they headed back to base, waiting for the next orders from Shepherd and Laswell. The load off the truck as Ember was quiet the whole ride back to base. Even Soap thought it was weird she wasn't saying the F word after ever other sentence, she blamed it on the whole American thing.

She was hurt and exhausted, mentally, and physically as all of them were at this point. Ghost watched her as didn't move in her seat looking directly outside.

Ember got out after Ghost and closing the door shut behind her. Following after Alejandro and Ronaldo, who led them through the side doors of the warehouse that hosted all their military weapons and tanks. She saw the shooting range and what looked like a mat for hands-on combat.

Making a not to try them out if she was given permission to. He leaded the team into the back halls and into what looked like a lounging room. With a typical refrigerator, random couch and a coffee table in the middle of it. And a tv in the corner of the wall. "If you need anything to snack on while you are here, be free to take what ever you want." Ronaldo said, pointing in there.

"Now I will show to your rooms. We don't have y'all Americano standard living spaces. So you three will have to share a space for right now, until we can move you Riven." Alejandro said as he opened up the door right next to the lounge room. Opened up to three bed two bunk beds and one small one to the other side of the wall.

"Bloody hell." Ghost said as they three looked into the small spaced room.

"It will work." Ember smiled over at Ronaldo. In her eyes there were kind enough to spare a room for them. She broke her trance. "As well Riven you have a private bathroom. We hardly have women on this base so good news." he said politely to her with a light smile.

"dormir bien." He said to them.

"You as well Ronaldo." Ember patted him on the back as he nodded, and walked away from the three to get situated.

"If this day can't get any more worse." Soap said looking in the room. Shaking his head as he walked in finding a place to sit is bag into.

"I'll take top bunk. Soap you will the one under me. Ghost you will get the one on the corner." She pointed to each one as they just listened and began to settle into the small room. As she threw her bag on top as she grabbed a clean pair of clothes the black duffle bag along side things she need for her shower.

Walking past the others as she exited the door. Turning right toward the girls shower room, entering a rather newly updated bath room. She was grateful for something as nice as this after today. Not being able to take a good clean shower after a week. Placing her thing down on the countertop of the sinks. Walking over placing the travel size shampoo and soap in the shower.

Turning on the water as the stream rose up quickly as she began to remove her clothing. As they feel into an over flowing pile of dirty uniform, the tan cargo pants and her dark green work out shirt that was covered in blood and... lake water. Letting down her wavy hair that came down to her shoulders.

Her back was met with the streaming hot water. Embers whole body relaxed instantly every muscle hurting from the days active. Her right shoulder was the most side that need the hot water to loosen it out. Grabbing the rag, wetting it as she poured out a small amount onto it.

She rubbed it all over body getting ever crevice of her body. Soon washing her hair and making sure to get out all the algae from the river. The day had come down crashing in a matter of moments. Ember place her hand against the wall for support. Tears running down her face, as she was fighting to catch her breath. Punching the wall in a fit of anger. "FUCK YOU." She was mad at everyone and everything. Today she needed Luke more she had in the past three years with out. "You promised me forever!" She placed her back against the cold white tile wall, and sliding down to her knees. Tucking her head between her chests and knees, arms wrapping around her legs.

After a few minutes she was okay at the time. She got out and wrapped a towel around under her arms. She walked to look in the mirror. Seeing her good eye was red with the foggy one was a dusty pink now. The scar running down the side was a bright red due to the water temperature being so hot.

All she could see, was the brokenness of what left behind. Having to fix herself up, no one to help her or to tell her she was going to be good or okay in the end. Ember was the only one who told herself that, no family. Just one friend outside of the army. Solana, she missed as well the past few days. Remembering saying Bye the night she left.
She just brushed her teeth and put in her clothing and walked out back to the small room feeling but numb and exhausted.

She opened the door to see the lights were still on. As Ghost barely fitting the bed. His feet hanging off the edge as she read some of the files on Hassan. While Soap was shuffling some cards trying to keep himself occupied. She walked into closet and placing her stuff in there.

As the other two just watched her, the signature boxers, end of dark, navy blue, Montana shirt. "Took you long enough Sassenach, thought you might had died." He joked looking over at her.

"Soap only you would think like that." she said looking at him now standing with her arms crossed. "Okay here some rules..." she said looking at the both. Seeing they both changed. As ghost had a compression black shirt on with light, gray sweatpants, and black socks and of course his mask was still on, it looks like a cleaner, new one,

"Here we go." Ghost said moving his head up from what he was working on. "If you wake me up with your snoring I'm kicking you out and you going to sleep in the couch out there." She looked at both of them.

"Okay, anything else." Ghost stated with a somewhat snarky attitude.

" yes, Sasquatch I do." He cut her eyes at him. "That bath room scene it has a toilet and sink. One wash your bloody fucking hands and two put the toilet seat after you're done." She said looking deeply at the both of them.

"You gotta it Sassenach." Soap nodded. "Wanna play cards?"

"Sure why not." Ember structure shoulders hopping up on the dresser that sat equally with the beds. "Playing Ghost?" Soap asked.

"No." He didn't look up at all.

"Come on mate, just one round." Soap kept on pushing him.

"No." he said, a bit more stern, still not looking up at either of them.

"Ghost one round." Ember said to him. As he finally agreed, grabbing onto the deck, as a shuffled out a game of charades. One round, turned into five as her and Soap were both cracking up each time Ghost was losing.

As she crawled in bed, soon as her head hit the pillow her mind would not quit racing. Ghost crossing her mind each time she closed her eyes and was almost into a deep trance of sleep. They way he had claimed her down so easily as well he was gentle he had been with her when Ghost had to pop her arm back into place.

The way he examined her each chance he took. She tried to ignore it as much as possible, but she could feel his Stone Cold gaze drilling into the side of her skull and body.

Even the way he gripped her waist... her eyes opened at the speed of light when she caught herself thinking about him that way. She couldn't deny the fact that he was definitely attractive, she kept trying to deny in the back of her head.

She felt a sort of comfort thinking about him. Within a few moments, she had fallen asleep peacefully.

A/n: sorry this one was boring! The next one is much better as well thank you so much for a hundred reads!!! Means a lot pookie's. ୧⍤⃝୨!! 

I'm ready for the next few chapters;)

-L