Chapter 8 - fight

After dinner we all came back to my parents house and just sat around and drank and talked. Childhood stories came up between my siblings and I and Callum and Austin shared too but it was really nice. Everyone was gone by 12 and I was startled by someone at the back door.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you, I just wanted a pizza midnight snack." Callum said.

"Oh no worries. We have more pizza than a city would need so take as much as you want, just grab me a slice too please." We sat there eating our pizza just chatting when he asks me,

"So, is there any certain someone to see while we're here?" The question catches me a bit off guard but I play it cool,

"no, only my ex-boyfriends live in San Diego, and right now I am single as a flamingo." I say immediately regretting that last part.

"Same her but not the flamingo part." he says laughing, "whats the craziest first date you've ever been on?"

"Once a guy took me to dinner then to a party then made out with a girl in front of me and we still dated for 3 months." I replied laughing "What about you?"

"A girl asked me to dinner, took me to a maccas then said 'sorry I have a thing for clowns' and left with the guy playing Ronald the mcdonald. I was totally fine losing that one."

"Oh my God that is so bad! Sometimes I don't understand people." I say. Callums expression got really serious and he looked me in the eyes and said,

"Eve I just want you to know, I'm really grateful I met you. You just seem like a really genuine nice person and that's really refreshing. You don't really meet anyone like you in this industry, promise me to not change."

"Cal, that's so sweet. I promise to try my best not to change. I don't want to but I know this industry does stuff to people." I say and give him a hug. Hid chin fits perfectly on top of my head as he says,

"I should probably go to bed" He says as I pull out of the hug.

"Same" I reply as he walks away I say "Don't stay up too late reading pride and prejudice we have an early morning tomorrow!"

"How did you know!?" he says laughing

"Some people say I am just really genuine so I can mind read. It's truly a gift" I say laughing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day I take them to my favorite HIIT workout class in the morning. After, we spent the entire day at the beach tanning, swimming and getting tacos for lunch. There were multiple heated games of spike ball in which I dominated and Callum doesn't mention anything about the night before but I can tell we have become closer just from the talk. We go home and shower up for dinner with Sophia at my favorite restaurant and afterwards a night at the bar with my high school friends. My favorite days are after a long beach day and then a warm shower when your skin is a little sunburned and then putting on a nice outfit to go to dinner in. I am wearing the cutest mini skirt and white top and it finally feels like summer!

"Are we ready for the night of our lives!" I say full of energy, "lookin' a little red Turner" I say giggling as a press my finger into Callum's arm to show the sun burn a bit more

"Hey we can't all tan as easily as you and Austin," He says, then turns to Austin and says, "seriously man give us Irish skinned guys a chance." I laugh as we get into the back of my moms car to drop us at the restaurant.

"Tonight my friends is a sushi restaurant and Sophia will be joining us. Afterwards, we are going to hit the town bar with some of my friends from high school to get a true introduction of the Cathedral Christian High school alumni experience as we like to call it." I say thinking that I should probably be letting them know the plans beforehand so they can dress accordingly but they could wear sweats and look like runway models so it's fine.

"As long as there isn't any spike ball I'm in!" Austin says laughing

"Shoot, now should be the time I tell you all bars in San Diego are required to have one spike ball tournament going at all times, and I already signed us up as a pair Austin..." I say sarcastically.

"Whelp I guess I will have to go home then maybe next year we can try this whole bonding thing over again." I burst out laughing as he says this and we pull up to the place.

The dinner goes well, Sophia blends into the dynamic of the three of us perfectly as I knew she would. This restaurant has my favorit sushi so we grub before probably getting a bit too drunk later. When we get to the bar the crowd ranges from my ex best friends and boy friends from high school, to my old volleyball team, to my high school friend group, the current high school and college students who are there with their fakes and the random people no one knows.

"Are you ready for our encore?" Callum says to me pointing to the stage and mic. I laugh and say

"There's a reason we're here on karaoke night Callum" I say, winking and leading him and Austin to the part of the bar where my old friend group is at. Fortunately for me though, my extremely toxic ex boyfriend is still sort of in our friend group. Sophia and I have always thought it was a little shady that he was allowed to stay in the group after he cheated on me twice, but we just went with it because we were the least active in the group. I introduced everyone and gave my hugs to everyone except my ex Jack but his stare was very off putting so I made a point in my head to stay away from that wack job. The night goes smoothly it's a lot of fun and dancing when Callum lowers to my ear and says

"What is up with that psycho?" pointing to Jack who is making a B-Line towards us with daggers shooting out of his eyes.

"Ex-boyfriend" I say, "Total wack job, super toxic. Lasted maybe 2 months but he's still got this thing with every girl he's ever dated."

"Can I talk to you Eve?" Jack says in a tone that reminds me all too well of prom

"I'm ok here. We're about to go do karaoke" I say signaling Callum with my eyes.

"No, come one we're gonna go talk outside ok?" He says grabbing my arm, immediately making me freeze

"Hey come on man don't touch her, if she doesn't want to talk to you she doesn't have to." Callum says standing up to him. I see Sophia,  and Austin walk over and I am dying inside. This cannot be happening, I think to myself, this was supposed to be a fun night!

"What's happening?" Sophia asks

"Just stay out of this Brit you don't want to mess with me." He says looking at Callum

"Let's just go" I say turning to Callum and Austin, "I don't want to be here if he is." we start to walk out a when Jack adds a quip I immediately hate him for,

"Ya run away, just like you always do! You're pathetic!"

Callum and Austin both turn around and I reach for their arms but it's too late.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The car ride home was silent.

"I'm sorry guys" I say breaking the silence

"Sorry?" Callum says, "You have nothing to be sorry about that guy is a dick and I seriously hope you don't ever go near him again."

"Ya Eve that is the worst way anyone could ever treat you and you deserve ten times better than him." Austin adds. I feel the tears filling my eyes and I'm so sad the night was ruined and especially by him.

"Thank you for sticking up for me, I was having so much fun before he had to go and ruin it all."

"We were too, it's not your fault tho Eve. We can go do so much more fun stuff throughout the trip don't even worry about it" Callum says reassuring me. Something about the way he says stuff and the way it helps me calm down scares me. He has a power over me that I can't even take away.