Chapter 13 - Tank top

I was so tired at dinner I almost fell asleep at the table. We were at some restaurant and I really regretted not taking the time to take a nap instead of baking biscuits. Lucky for me, espresso with dinner is very normal so I ordered one of those and a caprese salad and tried my best to make it through the night.

"No wine tonight?" Callum asked

"I think if I have wine you two will be carrying a dead asleep Eve home. I will, however, be having an espresso martini." I say

"So we have two weeks until boot camp and most of the cast gets here next week. What is the plan while it's still just the three of us?" Austin asks, getting into planner mode.

"Well I don't know what you've seen in London Austin, but I think we should take Eve to the tourist spots like the Bridge, Big Ben and all those. Then another day we can go to my old primary school, go through my neighborhood. And then we can just explore London. That's the beauty of it, you can never get enough of it."

"It's so pretty here" I say staring out the window, "I would kill to have grown up here."

"I would kill to have grown up in the sunshine state" Callum replies

"Grass is always greener on the other side" Austin says

"How shakespearean of you" Callum retorts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner goes well and I manage to stay awake through the night. We drive back to Callums where I change into my tank and boxer shorts and throw my hair up into a bun to wash my face. I go into the bathroom holding my toiletries to see a shirtless Callum brushing his teeth. I completely forgot we shared a bathroom and definitely stared at his abs and V (iykyk) a bit too long.

"Sorry I just have to wash my face." I say going to the other sink to place my things.

"Nothing to be sorry for" He says, mouth full of toothpaste. I wash my face as he finishes up his nightly routine. As I brush my teeth I look at him, there's tension but also a bit of awkwardness between us and I don't like it. Last night back in New York we couldn't keep our hands off each other and now I barely know how to act when it's just us two. It's fine when Austin's with us but when it's just us two it gets weird. He goes back into his room but leaves the door open. I spit out my toothpaste and rinse my mouth.

"Hey can we talk?" I say going into his room butterflies surging through my stomach

"Of course what's the matter?" He says his tone worries

"No nothing's wrong I just want to clear the air, I don't want things to be weird or anything between us. Like, ugh I don't know how to say it. I like you Callum, you're funny and I mean look at you, you're hot, but I cherish the relationship we have so much and if you don't want to like continue things with me that's ok I just don't want to lose you." I say looking down

"Aw Eve, come here" He says, ushering me to sit next to him, "I'm actually glad you brought this up because as you know I really like you too and I don't want there to be weird tension between us either. If we do, you know, decide to start a relationship, I want us to stay the same people."

"I like that, so what does make us right now" I say my eyes faltering between his eyes and lips.

"Two friends branching into a relationship, testing the waters?" He says his hand finds my jaw and the other on my neck. I place my hands on his bare chest as our lips meet. His tongue caresses my bottom lip and my hands move around his chest to his neck. He pulls back to move his lips to the bridge of my collarbone and neck and my head tilts with it. My heart begins to pound and I can feel every part of him. His face comes back up to mine and his hand slips below my shirt to slip it off. I kiss down his neck and his abs ending back up at his lips feeling his tongue move with mine. His mouth moves to my breasts caressing the area between them. His hands slip to my shorts but he pauses and says,

"Do you want to, it's up to you?"

"I don't know if I'm ready for that yet Cal, I'm sorry" I say

"Hey, hey you have nothing to apologize for, ok?" He says kissing me on the forehead and wrapping me in his arms in the bed, "I'm just happy being around you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We fell asleep like that, my head on his chest and his warmth radiating through me. It felt comforting to be around him like he cared for me and wouldn't push me to do something I wasn't comfortable with.

I woke up to sunlight beaming through the curtains. I flicked my eyes open to see a peaceful Callum silently asleep. I was painfully aware my top was off and the top half of me was bare until his eyes opened and welcomed me with a kiss and a hug.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked giddily

"Pretty well, although I got woken up by what sounded like a pig snorting in the middle of the night!" He exclaimed laughing

"No you didn't!" I said embarrassed, "Do I really snore!?"

"No, I'm kidding. I don't think I've ever slept so well in my life."

"That makes more sense, I've been told I have that effect." I say winking at him, "thank you by the way for being who you are and being so kind and understanding." I say

"What because I didn't force you to have sex!? I am so sorry that you think that is being kind and not a standard Eve. I will never force you to do something you aren't comfortable with."

"Not to be depressing but in college this guy tried to get me to do it but I wouldn't and I've always been really timid about it since, so I've never done it before I guess I'm just waiting for the right person." I say making him hug me even tighter.

"Hey Cal you up?" Austin calls from the other side of the door.

"Shit!" I whisper as I jump from the bed and run to my room, shutting the bathroom door.

"Ya man one second let me put on a shirt" Callum responds as I leave.

I remember my half naked self and realize my tank top is still in there. I reopen the door and point to my tank top.

"My tank top" I whisper to Callum as he throws me the top, unapologetically staring at my boobs, "eyes are up here Cal." I say closing the door to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"I was just wondering when you wanted to get going" Austin says as he enters the room. Whew, that was a close one. I say reentering Callums room and greeting them both as if I didn't spend the night with Callum,

"Good morning lovely people! Are we ready to take on London!" I say excitedly

This is going to be a long day.