Chapter 12 - London

We made it on the plane and acted like everything was normal between glances. We were first class again and I was emotionally and physically exhausted. I got no sleep from the worry of the photo getting leaked. I didn't want cast mates who I hadn't met yet to get the wrong impression. And I don't know why but I felt kind of bad for Austin, like he would be sort of hurt by the situation. I was sitting in my seat flipping through the selection of movies on the tiny screen when someone placed their hand on my shoulder. My head tilted up and my eyes met Callums.

"Hey, I have good news. My publisher got a hold of the photos and we're all good. She traded for some photo of me back in 2020 where you can see my whole face. The photos he got though were low key really awful you weren't visible and only half my face was. And don't worry I have them now so we can cherish them forever" He said the last part sarcastically

"Oh my God that's amazing!" I say feeling the burden lift off my chest.

"Mind if I join you?" he asks pointing to the chair next to me

"Only if there are no paparazzi around, and you have to pick a movie." I reply

"How does the Shining sound?" He asks, making me laugh and blush at the same time remembering the first time we hung out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome to London!" Callum exclaims as we ride in a car that's on the wrong side of the road and that has a driver in the wrong seat.

"It's beautiful" I say gawking out the window. I hear a camera click and turn to see Callum snap a photo of me on some old digital camera.

 I hear a camera click and turn to see Callum snap a photo of me on some old digital camera

"Taking on photography are we?" I say

"It's always been my dream to be in the paparazzi business. Just seems so exhilarating!" He says making Austin and I laugh.

"Oh really?" Austin replies. I stare out the window the entire ride to Callum's house, taking in the astonishing views of the new country. As we arrive I realize that I am meeting my situationships mom right now. I don't even know what we are actually, but I'm meeting his mom. I get out of the car and thank the driver as I grab my bags from him. Callums mom is at the door and she welcomes us with warm hugs.

"Ahh English muffin you're home!" she says embracing Callum. I am trying not to laugh at the pet name english muffin when we lock gazes and a mischievous look spreads along his face.

"Oh and you must be Eve darling you're absolutely gorgeous" she says as she gives me the warmest hug, "Ahh and Austin dear nice to finally meet you two!" I can already tell this woman is the best mom on the planet.

"Mrs. Turner, it's so nice to meet you!" I say

"Oh! Please call me Rosemary dear no need to be so formal! Well let me show you two to your rooms. Eve I hope you don't mind but your room is connected to Callums through a bathroom, but both doors lock." She says making me laugh inside knowing that is not a problem.

"Oh no don't worry, I'm just thankful you're having us." I reply exchanging a look with Callum she puts an arm around my waist and says

"Ugh you're just the sweetest, you and I will have so much fun! Would you like to bake biscuits with me this afternoon!?" She says, her voice is so full of joy.

"Mum, she just flew to a new country and is probably jet lagged, let her get some rest." Callum says

"No it's ok, I love to bake!" I say, excited to hear the stories from Callums mom.

"Here let me take that," Austin says, reaching for one of my many bags. I was a bit embarrassed lugging my three bags and both boys only had one.

"Oh thanks Austin, chivalry really is still alive." I say laughing

"You bet it is!" Callum's mom replies, making me love her even more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok darling so you mix the dry ingredients and I'll start cutting the butter into cubes to put in." Callum's mom instructed me, "tell me a bit about yourself, will ya?"

"Well I grew up in San Diego California, I have two older brothers Lachlan and Griffin and an older sister Maude. Lachlan has my niece and nephew Talia and Hunter and my sister has my niece Cornelia. I went to Columbia university in New York and got my masters in Computer Science and just graduated 4 months ago. Somehow I won the lottery by getting this role and now I'm here." I reply

"Oh my goodness, you're just a baby, I mean not in a rude way, but you're so gorgeous and young. And forgive me if this comes out a bit harsh but how the hell did your parents land on Lachlan and Griffin and then Maude and Eve. Maude and Eve are so English and European but Lachlan and Griffin?" She says, making me burst out into laughter.

"Oh no don't worry we make fun of them all the time for it. Basically my dad is from New Jersey so he named my brothers stereotypical Hockey names so they would hopefully grow up to be in the NHL, neither of them played hockey." I say laughing, "As for me and Maude, my great grandma's name was Adaisey Maude Whitlock so my mom took that name from there, and for me I was supposed to be born on Christmas Eve, and I came early when my parents were still deciding on a name. They couldn't decide between Eva or Ava but when they went to Church the day before I was born, it was the story of Adam and Eve."

"That's just wonderful" she responds as she drops the butter into the bowl of dry ingredients

"How did you get the name Callum?" I ask

"Kneed that darling if you would. Callum, well it was a very Scottish name and his father and I are both very Scottish. Don't tell him this but there was also a fella in my primary school who had the name Callum and I thought he was just gorgeous." SHe said laughing

"Oh I won't tell a soul" I say laughing back with her. She is such a warm and bubbly person it's heartwarming just to speak to her. We but the biscuits in the oven and share a cup of tea waiting for them to cook.

"This is the best tea I have ever had, granted I've never had proper British tea, but this is phenomenal." I say as Callum walks into the kitchen with Austin

"Oh you haven't lived until you've had proper british tea!" Callum adds pouring him and Austin cups.

"I guess today is the beginning of a new life" Austin says, taking a sip and immediately lighting up, "That is phenomenal!"

"You know what makes it even better?" Rosemary asks, "Homemade biscuits" She says as she grabs our warm, fresh biscuits from the oven.

"Smells like home" Callum says as he stands next to me. My body vibrates where his side meets mine and I can feel his hand on my back.

"Now we eat our biscuits with jam and cream so let me demonstrate how to do it." Rosemary says as she takes a butterknife scoop of strawberry jam and lays it on the scone and then a scoop of cream and lays it on the scone.

"Viola!" she exclaims as she takes a bite, "Well I'll leave you youngins to it!" she says as she leaves the kitchen.

"Ok let me try," I say as I take a bite, "I have missed out on this my whole life!? This is amazing Austin, you need to try it."

"Oh my God, how are you guys not known for this?" Austin says after taking a bit.

"We are Austin" Callum laughs