Chapter 10 - NYC pt.1

I wake up to my blaring alarm at 3:30 AM. We needed to be at LAX by 5:00 for our flight at 6:30. I woke up so early to pack because all my clothes were scattered across the floor. While my alarm was meant to get me to get to pack, all it did was bring me back to the happenings of last night. What if Callum had kissed me, would I have let him. Where would it have gone, how far would it have gone. I am so nervous that when for when I see him, will he be awkward towards me. As that thought crosses my mind a sinking feeling hits my stomach as I realize if something happens between us it could ruin our relationship for the rest of the show, for the rest of our lives. I know it seems silly but I have grown so close to these guys over the past few weeks and I don't Want to ruin the budding friendship Callum and I have. My mind soars back and forth on the situation as I grab way more than I need and shove it in my suitcase. Instead of worrying I decide to focus on the amazing plane ride we have ahead of us! First class seats to London and access to the Delta lounge. I have never flown anything other than economy so to say I was excited is an understatement. I finish my bag and bring it with me down stairs as I brew coffee and whip up breakfast burritos for everyone to have on our way to the airport.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Eve, these breakfast burritos taste like they were made in heaven." Austin says taking a huge bite.

"Thank you Austin, but I'm 95% sure that's the hangover talking." I say laughing

"Whoever's talking, these are amazing and I want more." He says making me chuckle and I assemble another. As I wrap his burrito I hear a roller bag coming from down the hall. My heart skips a beat because I know who it is. This moment will basically lay out the rest of our trip and time together, if he ghosts me I genuinely might cry on spot.

"Who is ready to rumble!! Eve, whatever this is, it smells like it has hangover curing potential!" He says so cheerfully my head hurts.

"Ask Mr. Butler over there he's requested a third burrito." I say smiling at him. His arm comes around my waste as I begin making myself one and hand him two. "Your hangover cure Cal"

"Why thank you chef" He says as he walks to counter wear Austin sits. I hand them coffee in to-go cups, grab my burrito and coffee and announce,

"Let's hit the road!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we board the airplane the entirety of the morning has had our normal dynamic which makes me happy. The events of the night before don't seem to have affected Callum the way they affected me which makes me a bit uneasy. Was he just trying to make me a one night stand or did he actually have feelings for me. Or worse was he just drunk and forgot the whole thing. We were all seated in our own pods on the plane. I immediately reclined the seat and fell asleep to try and catch up to the sleep I lost the night before. Only five hours into the flight I get woken up by Callum saying,

"Did you hear the announcement?"

I remove my noise canceling headphones and ask, "What?"

"Did you hear the announcement?" He repeats

"No, what happened?" I ask half asleep.

"There's an issue with the fuel we have to make an emergency landing in JFK airport in New York. Austin already reached his assistant who got us a suite in the Plaza and arranged for flights tomorrow morning so we're spending the night in New York"

"Sounds like a plan to me!" I say, happy about this detour on our trip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We drop our bags on the floor of the biggest suite in the nicest hotel in New York, the Plaza.

"This view is insane!" I say taking in the view of most of central park and half of the city, "You can literally see Columbia"

"I always forget you went to college. It still amazes me you got your degree in Computer Science and will most likely become an A list actor." Austin says

"I mean A list is a little excessive. I'm shooting for a nice D- list."

"Speaking of A list actors, my publicist texted Jimmy Fallon I am in town and he asked if I could go on the show. He had a last minute cancellation, and my publicist thinks it could be great publicity." Austin said.

"That's awesome!" I say

"You should do it!" Callum adds

"I think I will, but I'm bummed I wanted to spend the night with you guys." Austin says making me happy he'd choose us over The Tonight Show. Callum puts his arm around my shoulder and says, "Don't worry Austin, there will be plenty of nights in London and if we're still out you'll join us!"

While Austin spent the rest of the afternoon getting ready, Callum and I played 8 rounds of Gin Rummy and decided to plan out the rest of the afternoon. When Austin left at 3:00 we decided to plan out our afternoon.

"Okay, what is your favorite thing to do in New York?" I ask him, getting a notepad out.

"Going to time square, and going to hole in wall cafes. Though, I feel like I've never truly experienced this city. Whenever I'm here it's for work."

"Well, lucky for you, you have the best tour guide two feet from you." I say

"Oh do I?"

"Yes sir, we'll take the subway to go to my favorite lowkey cafe in Chelsea first, and then we can just stroll back up to Times Square. Then we can get Luigi's pizza and find some random bar or speak easy or something." I say excitedly

"I love watching you get excited over New York. It's my second favorite city, you know? Second to London of course but my favorite to travel to." He says making me blush at his first comment

"Well, that is something we have in common but New York is number one for me." I say smiling and standing up from the table.

"Do you need to change or do anything before we leave?" I ask

"Nope, let's hit it, mermaid."