Chapter 21 - Baseball

*three days later*

Today is Thursday, which means we get tested on our knowledge of the B-17s tomorrow and have a promotional shoot with Vogue on Saturday. In no way did I think when deciding to major in Computer Science that I would one day be on the cover of Vogue magazine but here we are. My friendship with the rest of the cast has only grown. More girls have arrived in London, not at boot camp, but they're here. Isabel, who's playing Austin's girlfriend, is the sweetest human, and the girls playing nurses are like a breath of fresh air. Yes I love Callum, Austin and the rest of them, but it has been so much testosterone. A girl's gotta breathe every once in a while. Today we're holding the championships of our dice matches and baseball games. We had a tournament going throughout the second week of boot camp. Callum and I's team is definitely winning baseball but dice is unpredictable. I swear these guys have changed me, I've become so much more competitive because of them and that's saying something because I grew up with brothers.

"You guys ready?" Nate called from the doorway. It became our routine that he and Anthony would come and get us before we all leave together.

"Coming!" I called. My instagram account has gotten so much more traffic now that Apple TV posted our media day photos but my private spam has remained undetected and I am attempting to keep it that way. We piled in the car all in our matching MOTA sweats. These mornings are beginning to feel like a ritual, it's sad to think they're almost over.

"Who am I beating in Gin Rummy today?" Anto asked the car

"Not me, I schooled you yesterday." I said, cringing at my competitiveness.

"The real question is who wins the baseball game?" Nate asked

"That's a no brainer, the blue ballers got it in the bag." Callum exclaimed, reaching to give me a high five.

"Never call our team that again." I said laughing

"Let's do Ninety Nine Problems but a Pitch Ain't One"

"That's a mouthful and a half" Anto scoffed

"Oh and blue ballers is better?" I asked

"Austin's team should be Wrong Direction and Callum and Eve's team should be Derry Girls" Nate suggested

"Wrong direction, what does that mean?" Austin asked

"Like One direction" Anto informed

"I like it" Callum exclaimed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The morning went by quickly. I was sitting with Anthony, Callum, Austin, Nate, Raff, Barry, Ben and Louis in Callum's trailer eating lunch. Callum had his arm around me as usual and we were talking about the dice games. Anthony and Barry won fair and square, well not fair and square to Callum, but fair and square.

"Let's change the topic then, have you guys seen the publicity for Barbie and Oppenheimer? It's going crazy!" Nate exclaimed

"I know apparently they went like 5 million over budget for publicity, they bought a house in Malibu and everything." Anto added

"So, what I'm hearing is we're seeing it when it comes out in June right?" I asked

"Oh 100%" Barry agreed.

"You know what else looks good? Priscilla. I mean it'd be better if you were playing Elvis, Austin but it looks good" I added, forgetting for a second that I was in the presence of the star of Elvis.

"It did look pretty good," Austin agreed.

We sat, ate and talked until we were called back to boot camp to practice the buttons we needed to know on the B-17s. I forced the guys to make a tiktok to ceilings while running and lip syncing. Callum almost ate shit but made it out alive. Sometimes I forget that we're on the set of a major TV series and I'm not just hanging out with friends. It's almost psychedelic for me to think about the fact that none of them would even speak to me if it weren't for this series.

"Major Willems!" Captain Dye called from behind me

"Yes Captain!" I answered

"Production wants to talk to you in the crew trailer. Bring Major Egan." He ordered. My heart sank. They know Callum and I are dating. I grabbed Callum and told him what Captain Dye said but he seemed so nonchalant, not a care in the world.

"So what if they know? We're playing people that are dating too. Plus it's not against any rules. I would yell that I love you from rooftops with no regrets" He said making my heart flutter

"I just don't want this to become like a PR thing they use and twist to publicize the show." I say worried

"Hey, they wouldn't do that, this isn't Barbie, they won't go crazy for publicity."

"You're right, there's also no way Tom Hanks hasn't fallen in love on a movie set before right?"

"Hi, Eve and Callum, sit down." Tom said, pointing to two chairs. The table was filled with production members not paying any attention to us.

"So, we know you too have a relationship and we think that's great! We just wanted to express our concerns about chemistry if things don't work out." Tom said. He has a point. If we broke up and it was rough, we probably wouldn't work well together.

"We're not here to break you up, we were just wondering if you've thought of the possibilities?"

"Ya we have." I said, "We both agreed that due to our friendship before the relationship that if we break up we would return back to friends, no hard feelings." I made it up on the spot but it sounded right. We left the meeting the same as we entered laughing with his arm around me.

"Let me guess your Hogwarts house." Callum said

"Go right ahead"

"Ok well you're a sagittarius because your birthday is November 30th. I'm going with Gryffinpuff. I think you have qualities of both houses."

"I always get hufflepuff but I think you're right." I said, "I mean come on how can I disagree with a wizard himself."

"Shh not so loud, if the wizarding world finds out I could get in trouble."

"Oh please forgive me" I said, matching his sarcasm.

"Want to see something cool?" He said mischievously

"Always" I replied

"Come here, I found it yesterday by accident." We walked between trailers out to a forest with a little river running through it. It was gorgeous, bright green and flowers were blooming.
"This is stunning. How did you accidentally find this?"

"Barry may or may not have dared me to streak down the trailers." He responded making me laugh

"You guys are idiots." I said wrapping an arm around his waist and messing with his fingers.

"So how's this for an adventure?" He asked me

"Best I've ever had"

"I've been hearing that a lot lately, especially from you." He said grinning from ear to ear

"Don't flatter yourself too much"

"I wouldn't dream of it." He said as my phone dinged and Austin said the baseball game was starting.

"Whelp Derry Girls versus Wrong Direction starts now." I said as we made our way back.