Chapter 9 - jellyfish

The rest of our San Diego trip was bliss. We went to Manhattan Beach, Anaheim and Disney, and now we are in Malibu. I can't help but shake the feeling of butterflies whenever Callum gives me any sort of attention but, over the last 13 days I do feel like I have gotten closer to Callum and Austin. These last three days in the beautiful city that is Malibu mostly consist of keeping our heads down and going to the beach. Callum and Austin especially would get swarmed by paparazzi in a second if we went out and about here. Today is our last day and it will mostly be lowkey to prepare for the amount of jet lag we are going to face in London.

"Ok so I found this little beach out cove we can go to that should be pretty low key and we can pack sandwiches or food for lunch. Then I'm thinking we order a pizza and salad and have a wine and game night here the three of us?" Austin asked, this was technically his half of the trip so he took to planning each day out.

"That sounds perfect!" I say excited for the day ahead

"Do you think they'll get mad that we have these perfect golden tans and we're supposed to be playing soldiers?" Callum asked making me laugh

"We still have three weeks until shooting, I don't think it'll last long enough." Austin replied

We set on to the beach in the most awesome vintage ford bronco that Austin rented us. We packed a charcuterie situation with orange juice and champagne for mimosas. We set up in this little rock out cove with an umbrella cooler and beach towels. I immediately set up the speaker and set my timer for my tan while Austin and Callum jumped in the water. I did really want to go in but I know that it's important they get their own bonding too while we're doing this.

After many flips from stomach to back I needed to cool off so I hopped up and jumped in the water, Austin and Callum not too far behind me

"This is my paradise" I say floating with my head in the water.

"You would 100% be a mermaid" Callum said making me get up and face him.

"Why do you say that" I ask laughing.

"You get perfectly tan, you have the perfect waves in your hair and it's like a golden blonde color I've never seen before. AND your eyes are green, you are a mermaid aren't you?" Hearing callum say that made my heart flutter

"Maybe I am?" I say while splashing water at the two of them and slowly lowering my head into the water.

"Ow! Oh my gosh!!" I look down at my arm that is stinking in pain like somebody stabbed me. "I think I got stung by something!" 2 feet away from me I see a jellyfish that was probably the culprit.

"Come on, let's get you out." Austin says, reaching for my hand. I take his and Callum inspects my shoulder while wrapping his arm around me.

"Oh my God this hurts so badly."

"Shit! What do we do there's no lifeguard and the closest ER is 30 minutes away at least" Callum says

"I don't need to go to the ER isn't it like olive oil or something helps. Or was it vinegar?"

"It's pee." Austin says as my jaw drops

"No way you are not peeing on my arm!"

"I just went in the ocean or else I would've done it" He says turning to Callum, "All you dude"

"This is the most bonding anyone could ever do." Callum says laughing but he sighs and says, "Ok i'll do it, just for you though Eve, don't get any ideas Austin." This makes me laugh but the amount of pain I am in makes me wanna cry.

"This is not happening." I say while going through a mixture of laughing and crying.

"Oh it is, someones gotta step up and help, now look away, both of you." Callum says. I turn my head away from my arm and Austin looks the opposite direction. Suddenly warm liquid is trickling right where the stinging was now that it is going away. Callum literally pees on me until he's done and we get the okay to turn around again. All three of us are doubled over laughing at the situation that just happened as we set up our charcuterie lunch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night we all got in our comfiest sweats and veged on pizza, salad and wine. We played truth or dare, just for the girls card game, and now we were just sitting talking. Truth or dare led to Callum running around the block in his underwear, me flashing out the window, and Austin jumping in the pool fully clothed. By this point I'm just tipsy but am now drinking water to lessen the hangover. Austin is asleep on the couch and Callum is making coffee and he's about the same alcohol level as me.

"So what was your favorite part of the trip?" I ask him

"Every part with you." He says grinning, making me blush.

"Aww you're so sweet! I was going to say every part with Austin, but now this is awkward." I say sarcastically.

"Genuinely, my favorite part was getting to know you, Eve. You're a great girl, you've got a great personality and you're absolutely stunning." He says and there's a change in his tone.

"My favorite part was getting to know you Cal. You know I thought I knew what you were going to be like just based off of interviews and you are that but so much more. Your kind, and absolutely hilarious, and your smile could move mountains." I say making him blush this time. His lips part like he's going to say something, but instead he moves closer. My heart starts to flutter. I don't know if I want him to make a move or not. I don't know how I'd react if he did. His hand reaches for mine as the other finds my cheek. I know what is about to happen and I genuinely think I might throw up. His face slowly gets closer to mine when we here,

"You guys still up?" Austin calls from the living room. Callums hand drops from my face but remains interlocked with my hand.

"Ya sleepy head, that wine knocked you out." Callum replies. As Austin walks in, Callum squeezes my hand and drops it.

"Well, I am going to hit the hey, we have an early flight to London tomorrow!" I say excitedly trying not to show my emotion from what just happened.

"Night Eve, hope your sting feels better!" Austin calls.

"Night Mermaid" Callum calls.

I lay in my bed going through the interaction of Callum and I over and over until my brain falls asleep.