Chapter: Deliver

The echoes of agony will follow

The day was finally through. Night had fallen and one by one all the girls began calling it in for the night.

Cyrus on the other hand remained awake as it was his job to keep an eye for the time being and also fix up some security cameras around the mansion before he was done as well.

That was a hefty ask considering the sheer scale of the place meant that he had a lot of work to do, he also has a job to take off once it's all over.

A few fixing hear and there wasn't a hard task for him but it still annoyed him that it took so long to get done. After a few rounds there was one last left to set up before he can officially call it done.

...

Through the quiet late night of 2 in the morning, a groggy and bird nest haired Amelia stepped out of her room. A wide mouth yawn followed her as she tried her best to navigate through the paths of their new home and down the stairs so she could reach her destination.

Passing the living room, she heard strange grinding which lightly tugged away at her sleep long enough for her to go and investigate. When she entered, her sleep was gone for good by then.

"What...the hell are you doing?" She asked while looking up.

She found Cyrus sitting atop a chandelier which he used as a seat to get to his work with ease. Putting a final lense on the security camera before he took notice to this question.

"Setting up one last security check." He answered before putting away his tools. "What are you up to?"

"I just needed some water.....wait you've been doing this since lunch, how many cameras do you have?" Amelia said when she recollected the memories of today.

Cyrus jumped from the chandelier and quietly landed on the ground without so much as a thud, given the speed at which he fell.

"These aren't mine. This is just the cams this place already had, in total there's at least a hundred and seventeen. Out of which sixty five needed fixing so....yeah." He shrugged.

Amelia quietly looked up at the small cam box then looked down as if brewing a thought.

"Don't worry, I checked; there aren't any cameras in the bedrooms or the half of the mansion that requires privacy."

"I'm not confident in that statement when you're breaching privacy by reading my mind, mister." She joked. "Still I'm going to get my water, coming with?"

"You need me to accompany you for some water? It almost sounds like a bar invite."

Despite his remark, he followed the detective who proudly struts in her PJs

"Depends, you a bottled water kinda guy?"

"I preferred room temperature tap water from a filter."

"My man."

The two find themselves in the equally grand kitchen that you'd consider finding at a five star restaurant which made the two feel like they were ruining the vibes by just stepping in to get some water.

Amelia got her drink and gave a glass to Cyrus anyway where the both now actually treat it as a drink. Leaning on the counter, Ame made it very obvious she's curious about this new addition to the myth's eventful life.

"You know, I gotta ask..." She chugged down the reminder of her water. "Boss didn't really outright say it but what I could gather about you is enough to tell me that you're a killer for hire. And not just anyone... you're the best of the best. And yet, I've never heard about you once~"