Chapter: Two's a Crowd

°

°

°

Their watchful eyes are all but invisible

3 days later...

"Aahh...It's so hard..." Ina whimpered.

"Just a little longer, look I'll start moving faster now." Cyrus answered.

"Nooo! I'll go numb...!"

"It won't hurt once you get used to the movement."

"This is my first time though...-"

Suddenly the door to the room was slammed open and Calli came in.

"W-what the hell are you guys doing?!"

Her blushing face was met with surprise when she saw Cyrus and Ina kneading dough side by side at the kitchen counter.

"We're just helping the maids with lunch." Ina answered obliviously.

...

...

...

"Oh."

The reaper turned and left the room immediately, cursing herself for imagining strange things only based on the noise.

"What was that about?" Cyrus asked as he dusted the flour off his hands.

"No clue."

"Anyway, you really got to work on your biceps and... everything." He glared at the girls skinny arms.

"That's not how that works with me, I've been like this for....so many years I've lost count. My body stopped changing." She rolled up her side of the dough and then took his side, finally dropping it in a bowl. "And I'm an artist, not a weight lifting murder machine."

She poked his arm over and over, bluntly noticing the hardness and overall scale of his physique. A far cry from the girl's build.

It didn't help the fact that for today, he was finally out of his usual suit and wearing a skin tight black t-shirt. His toned muscles were on display like an art piece for anyone to see whenever they went by.

And among them, Gura walked by more than five times without reason.

Though Ina helping with food was a new change, she was glad to contribute in any way. Especially since they had taken a notice to how different Cyrus had been acting ever sincs that incident with him and Gura's trip.

Gura had already took note and told the others of how alert he had been acting ever since they got home but his behavior remained the same from that point on.

"I guess the incident made him take his job more seriously now. He is head security after all."

"Yeah but would it be fine to just let him be on edge like this?."

"Just let him be, you know he always wants to act like he knows what he's doing so why not just believe it?"

Ina recalled Ame, Kiara and Calli's comments on the matter respectively and it was always stuck in her thoughts on what approach to take. So when she saw the man today in the kitchen, finally doing something other than stay in his room or patrol the house, she was put at ease and ready to help him out.

"Ina?"

Cyrus's voice startled the girl and brought her to his attention.

"H-Huh?! Oh..!" The girl pulled her hands away from the sink, noticing that she had been simply standing there in a daze and letting the water run over her hands.