Chapter: Resilience

They remain unaware of their fate

°

°

°

"Miss Fauna! We've left your ordered supplies in your room."
"You will find them on your bed."

The maids bowed then excused themselves from the group studio.

"They're such sweet girls~!" Fauna held her cheek.

"No joke, they've got a 5 star rating from me." The rat kicked up her feet on the table with a bowl of...cherry tomatoes in her hands.

"They're competent. It's a nice change to see in humans for once."

"You're just happy someone's finally feeding into your ego other than you." IRyS stood behind a seated time warden and spun the clock hands on her head with her fingers.

"Or maybe I've finally found some people who aren't shy in their appreciation of me." Kronii swatted her hands away.

"Can I come out of the bathroom now...?" Mumei's muffled voice was heard through the bathroom door in the far corner of the room.

"No, you're still on time out." The warden huffed.

"Come on! You know I was joking, I love and appreciate my bestieeeeee!" The doorknob rattled.

"Anyway...." Bae slid her glance away from the bathroom door. "I'm kinda surprised how easily Yagoo approved our request. I thought he'd ask bigger questions or even see through our plan but apparently it seemed like already planned on having us move here."

"Even if he didn't question us much, it still feels wrong to hide our true intentions from him..." Fauna looked bitter as she gently stroked a small sapling in her palms.

"The less involved the better. We don't need him worrying about this nor anyone else that falls in. It was 'her' request and we have to make it happen." Kronii crossed her arms. Now suddenly more serious and duty bound.

"'She' didn't specify how we're supposed to go about this with him, and something tells me he's not as easy to get as we think." Bae scratched her head.

"Why? Because he managed to poke a knife in you? Don't be stupid, he's still a mere human."

"He's a human that's managed to gain the trust and respect of Myth. It's something to take into consideration." Fauna glared at Kronii.

"I'm not sure if we should even consider him in the sense of a threat, we can find out more once we talk to him." IRyS added.

"We shouldn't stray from the initial plan." Kronii stood up. "When the others return from their break, Cyrus will be ours and once we confirm the contents that we seek, we'll see what we do with him."

She walked over to the bathroom door and unlocked it swiftly, only to be tackled by an owl girl who latched herself onto Kornii in a hug.

"But he's a nice guy thooooo! Can't we take a less violent approach?" Mumei pressed her cheek against Kronii's shoulder.

"Not to say violence would make a difference with him." Bae smirked at the thought. "Human or not, he's capable and head strong. Even if we throw down, he won't hold it against us."

"I agree with Mumei and would like to not encourage a huge confrontation. Especially not the type that might make things difficult between us and the girls."