Chapter: Adventurous

Count your sins and make way

Thankfully, the entire mansion had not suffered the fate of having a gloomy environment and their days went on without many scuffles. They were finally back to regularly streaming and began their once busy life again.

A week has passed.

Somehow, a week has passed without Cyrus and Mori Calliope interacting with each other. Of course their anger towards each other has dimmed down but on a level where either will pretend that the other just doesn't exist and for the sake of keeping this household stable, they don't try to engage each other in fear of causing another ruckus.

On this quiet afternoon, Cyrus finally didn't have much to do. He had built a routine of making rounds of the mansion to familiarize himself with the place and possibly modify it to his comfort and actually make it applicable to work with his security methods

He confined himself to his own room were he had his trusty laptop surfing through sources, searching for a looming topic of worry, 'The Disciples' as they call themselves.

Besides the website that houses their strange conspiracies and videos, he truly couldn't find much on them and it was beginning to frustrate him. He knows there's always breadcrumbs to follow but for this specific case, the crumbs seem to spread in numerous different directions.

It's a gamble to know which to follow but it's one he's supposed to take.

When he was in the middle of thinking through this struggle, a knock on his door saved him from the drowning of his thoughts.

He went over to open up and found a white head in the lower half of his vision, he looked down to find a toothy grin and a shark tail wagging to greet his sights.

"Hey Gura."

"Hey, man. You busy?"

"I was but I need a distraction. What's up?" He asked, leaning against the door frame.

"Welllll~ I thought about wanting to go clothes shopping and I remembered we're supposed to have you around whenever we leave."

"Sure, I finally have to do my job." He chuckled as he stepped into his room to get himself ready, not in a need to change. "What about the others? Anyone wanna tag along?"

"Everyone's pretty busy right now. Kiara's got a stream and Ame's taken Ina hostage in her room for who knows what." She then mumbled. "And Calli's been some weird climbing game with a guy in a cauldron and she won't stop screaming."

Cyrus snapped on a wrist watch and slipped a few items into his coat. "Heh, I'm guessing that last part must be the reason for your sudden motivation to go out."

"Don't tell her though." She giggled.

"You don't gotta worry about that from me." Cyrus's tone dropped slightly which made the shark lose her smile as well.

"Right, sorry..."

"Eh don't sweat it. I shouldn't comment like that."

He stepped out and ruffled the girl's hair. The two then walked side by side down the hall and head down the stairs, well, Gura slid down the railing.

Besides his main predicament, Cyrus has gotten along with the other girls far better than he had expected.

Kiara was already a bright and inviting person who's personality simply rubbed off on him from the get go.

Amelia was a weird gremlin of sorts, always having sudden bursts of motivation or malice to keep him entertained by her behavior along, she seemed to hit it off very well with Cyrus simply because he doesn't outrightly push her away due to her antics even though she's well aware she can annoy the man.