Chapter: Nostalgia

We Welcome All

°

°

°

Thankfully, for Amelia, the stream was delayed due to her and Cyrus's sorry state.

The others refused to commence a stream in the morning when they saw what had become of the two when they came home at the crack of dawn. Cyrus had torn a muscle and Amelia's wounds were minor but still needed to be taken care of.

They were healed at the spot but it didn't stop Myth, and even the council, to deny them work until they've properly rested up.

It was smooth sailing for the detective who nonchalantly told the girls where they had been and what they had done but it became a proper landmine for Cyrus.

The man was forced to sit in a lone wooden chair, arms crossed like a toddler who didn't want to hear the scolding he was bound for.

But he was indeed receiving it to no end.

"So, you're going to sit here! Either watch TV or our stream and NOT leave the house for even a second until we're done!" Gura yelled at the man, but from his perspective it was a mouse squeaking at a wall.

"I feel like being wrongly grounded here, it's partially Amelia's fault we got hurt anyway!"

"Both of you got hurt, that's enough for us!"

"I've explained this so many times already, Sharky. This is my job."

"This isn't your job anymore. Your job is to be the Bodyguard of Hololive-Myth, not go out there gunning down secret organizations behind our back."

Despite trying to thin out his own logic in this situation, Cyrus knew that Gura was genuinely upset. He knew this by the obvious thumbing of her tail against the floor which was her equivalent of stomping her foot.

"I had to do what I did for Ina, and you guys.

"But-"

"And it's over, I'm done." Cyrus waved her worries off.

The short shark puffed her cheeks at him with fuming frustration but it only made her look more adorable in his sights. When she's not a murderous red shark out to get you, Gura trying to act intimidating never works on him.

"But you gotta stop worrying about the things I do, Sharky. You'd be stressed to no end if you keep at it." Cyrus rested his elbow on his knee then his chin in his palm. "I live with you guys after all."

"Pff, please. At least we're not out trying to get you every waking day." Gura looked away.

"Well, not you specifically."

As Cyrus said this, a knife shot at his direction in a spinning dash from the left. He lifted a pencil up beside his face, the knife shot onto the body of the wooden line and lodged itself into it, the tip of the blade barely poking his cheek.

"Good morning, Bae." He mumbled.

"Heyooo! You done nagging at him Gura?" Bae entered the room with knives in every gap of her fingers.

"Bae! What the heck?!" Gura yelled.

"Oh relax, this isn't the first time I've tried it with this John Wick ass man. He's pretty fun, he doesn't just die on the first try."

"And what are you up to? Did you binge Touhou all night?" Cyrus pried then tossed the blade back at the rat.

"Shut it, I'm just paying you back for the knife you left in my gut."