Chapter: Death Walks

°
°
°

Come to the voice that calls

It's been a long time since Cyrus has hit the floor like this. The unprepared man fell with such force he almost lost consciousness. Or so he thought.

When he powered through a struggled stance, he stood up and looked around himself.

The damp and near dead atmosphere was digging into his soul

The damp and near dead atmosphere was digging into his soul. Everything about this place felt wrong to him, his very presence here felt long. Had he not experienced a mental change before this he would have already lost him mind by now.

He patted himself down and checked for any injuries and belongings. Everything was where it should be, his equipment and bones that is.

If he's supposed to connect the dots of what transpired before he found himself here, he assumed that this was the Underworld.

What exactly is he supposed to do in this situation? Move forward and hope for the best?

"Does this warrant a raise?" He thought to himself as he treads forward.

He was prepared to check the houses around him but he had noticed something mind boggling about them. The closer he got to the structures the further they looked. Even if he directly tried approaching a house, he made no progress but when he gave up and walked down the path, everything moved like normal.

Whatever entity was around him was forcing him to only walk the road. He has an objective now but should he even comply with this place's nature? It would be a good start to finding some means to get out of here.

...

...

Walking for nearly half an hour now, the scenery around him doesn't change one bit. It's just a slum after slum and he was growing tired and partially insane by now.

He was close to reconsidering his decision until his pure instincts made him turn and lunge his hand behind him. His grasp caught the throat of a completely shadowed It felt rough like stone to the touch.

It's hand was raised above it's head but the and itself was morphed into a blade. Knowing that Cyrus can't seem to do more than stop the being due to it's hard and heavy physique, he pulled back and jumped away.

The being finally stepped closer to the combat ready man. He revealed himself to be no different from a normal looking teenager, well, as normal as having arms that morph to and from blades to regular hands and a scythe strapped to his back.

"A kid?" Cyrus seemed surprised but he didn't ease up on his fists. "Are you supposed to know your way around these parts or something-"

"The lord seeks your audience, you will come with us." The boy said.

...

"That did not help me make sense of any of this whatsoever. Who the hell is this Lord?"

The being charged forward to try and grab Cyrus but was quickly kicked away. He showed no hesitation and grabbed his scythe to attack him.