Chapter 16

March arrived, and with it the last stage of Lyra's pregnancy. She was nine months pregnant, her belly swollen with the promise of new life. It was a time of anticipation and nerves for both Lyra and Jaskier .

Jaskier has grown into a caring and loving father-to-be. He couldn't contain his excitement about the upcoming birth of their children. He eagerly attended birth preparation classes with Lyra, asked the midwife countless questions, and prepared a detailed birth plan.

While Jaskier's enthusiasm was cute, it also made Lyra a little angry. She found herself increasingly irritated by his constant fuss and attention. There were times when she just wanted some peace and quiet, but it seemed like Jaskier's energy and excitement knew no bounds.

"Jaskier ," Lyra sighed, rubbing her tired back, "I appreciate your support, but I also need some space." After all, I am the one carrying these babies.

She watched as Jaskier flitted around the room, fussing over every detail with boundless enthusiasm.

"Jaskier ," Lyra said, her tone laced with irritation, "if you don't stop acting like a mother hen, I may have to leave you."

Jaskier froze midway, his eyes widening in surprise. Then, as realization set in, he laughed nervously and playfully pointed his finger at her.

"Oh, come on, Lyra. You can't be that serious!"

Lyra's expression remained impassive as she looked at him, her eyes narrowing slightly. "Maybe while you're sleeping," she teased, wagging her eyebrows mischievously.

Jaskier chuckled nervously and leaned closer to her, whispering: "I knew what I was getting myself into when I entered into a relationship with you."

Lyra's lips curved into a smile and she leaned down to kiss him tenderly. "I know you did, and that's why I love you," she said, her voice full of warmth and tenderness.

Jaskier immediately looked remorseful, realizing he might have overdone it. "I'm so sorry, my love. I just want everything to be perfect for you and our babies"

Lyra couldn't stay mad at him for long. Despite her occasional irritation, she knew how deeply Jaskier cared for their growing family. And as the days approached their due date, they were both filled with a mixture of worry and excitement about the birth of their children.

After their conversation, Lyra decided to share a more touching moment with Jaskier . She carefully took two small, beautifully sewn blankets from a nearby chest. Each one was a work of art, a testament to her skill and creativity.

"Look, Jask," Lyra said with a warm smile, unfolding the blankets so he could see. "I worked on this for the twins."

"This is amazing, Lyra," Jaskier remarked, his voice full of admiration. — You are a truly talented seamstress. It's so special to have something made by their mom's hands for our kids.

Lyra's smile grew even warmer at Jaskier's words and she gently touched his cheek. "I wanted them to have something that reminded them of home, something made with love."

Encouraged by their conversation and the connection they shared, Lyra hesitated for a moment before speaking again, her voice slightly hesitant.

"Listen, Jask, do you think... I mean, would it be okay if you called me... mom?"

Jaskier's gaze softened and he smiled warmly and lovingly. "Of course, my love. You are a wonderful mother"

Lyra's eyes sparkled with unshed tears and she smiled, leaning down to kiss Jaskier's cheek. "Thank you, Jask"

He reached out and placed his hand on Lyra's round belly where the twins danced.

Lyra chuckled and shook her head playfully. "They are very active today, just like their father..."