12

As it went from 4 to 6, sodas went to beers and other alcoholic beverages.

  The seating arrangement had thankfully changed, with Chan now sitting next to Yeji and Seungmin sat at the head of the table, leaving Hyunjin and Felix sitting next to each other.

   "So, Hyunjin, where did you go for college?" Chan asked.

   "M.I.T.," Hyunjin said.

   Chan raised a brow, "Really what was your major?"

    "Majored in Ancient and medieval studies and I minored in Women's and Gender studies. What about you?"

   "I went to Stanford. Majored in Sociology. Your ACT and GPA must've been good to get in,"

   Hyunjin hummed and set his beer glass down, "3.9 GPA, 34 ACT,"

  "Wow and I thought Felix was smart," Chan said.

   "Really? What were your scores?" Hyunjin asked Felix.

  "Uhm, 32 ACT, 3.8 GPA though. I went to an art institute in Chicago," Felix said, messing with the stem of the wine glass.

   "Is that why there is a boutique in Chicago?" Yeji asked.

  Felix nodded, "Yeah,"

  "That is where Felix met. It was definitely a fun time," Seungmin said with a laugh.

  The blond laughed a little.

   "Really? How so?" Hyunjin questioned.

   "We were very active when we first met and it got worse when we moved in together," Felix said.

   "Are you sure you two aren't dating?"  Yeji asked.

   Seungmin and Felix both laughed, "We aren't, but, we did try to date, didn't work," Seungmin said.

  Yeji nodded.

    "Hyunjin, do you have any friends from like high school on college?" Chan asked.

  The brunet nodded, "Yeah, I have a few close friends. One of them is actually my ex,"

   "And yet you are still friends with her," Yeji muttered taking a drink of her long Island iced tea.

    "I mean a lot of people are still friends with their exes, I can name a few exes I am friends with," Seungmin mentioned.

   "Not all exes get you arrested though," the woman said.

    Hyunjin pressed his lips together and nodded, "It was an accident, Ji,"

   "Yeah, okay,"

     "You know maybe we should switch to coffee or water," Felix said.

   "That is probably a good idea," Seungmin agreed.

Hyunjin was silent for the rest of the night. Even as the all walked back and as Yeji, Chan, and Seungmin went to bed.

   Seungmin not forgetting to send Felix a knowing look.

   "You're not going to sleep?" Hyunjin asked quietly.

  "No, if I go up there now I'll just end up keeping Seungmin up... and not in that way," Felix answered.

   Hyunjin nodded.

   "Are you okay?"

    "I did take pictures of you when we were at the lake,"

     "I assume when the bunny came up to me," Felix said.

   "Kind of, I have pictures of you from just through out the day," Hyunjin told him.

   Felix hummed. It was silent for a minute then Felix got up and walked over to Hyunjin. Grabbing the older's hand he tugged slightly.

  "Come on," Felix said.

  "Where are we going?" Hyunjin questioned getting up.

   "Your mind is messy, I can see it. You said you like riding, so let's go for a ride,"

  The two went to the ranch where the horses were.

   "Hi, Daisy," Felix said softly.

  "Daisy?" Hyunjin questioned.

  Felix nodded, "My best friend and I named her,"

     "Childhood best friend?"

  "Yeah, last time I heard, he was in Seoul with his boyfriend. They have three cats, one dog, and they are thinking of getting another cat and a hamster," The blond said.

     Hyunjin nodded and watched Felix go up to another horse, "What is their name?" he asked.

  "Moonlight. The boutique is named after him,"

   The older smiled, "That is cute,"

    Felix hummed and put the saddle on the horse.

  Hyunjin got on the snow white horse after Felix got on his horse.

    "Are we going any particular place?" Hyunjin asked.

   "We can go on the trail, down to the lake," Felix suggested.

    The brunet smiled, "Race you?"

    "We can, but you won't win,"

  "Oh, yeah?"

   Before Felix could respond, Hyunjin went off.

  "Oh, you're cheeky," Felix said going after the older.

   Hyunjin did win in the end.

   "That was cheeky," Felix said pushing Hyunjin lightly.

   Hyunjin laughed a little and sat on the ground with Felix.

    "About what Yeji said at the restaurant," Hyunjin said.

   "You don't need to tell me, Hyunjin, it is personal," Felix said.

   Hyunjin didn't pay attention to what Felix said, "What she said about my ex is true. The fact that I am still friends with her isn't smart, but I've known her most of my life,"

   "I understand that,"

   "Funny thing is, we were in Milan when it happened. We got into an argument, it got loud, she went to the bathroom and called the police. Yeji bailed me out and I stayed with my ex for two more years," Hyunjin said.

   Felix nodded, "Is that the reason she doesn't like your friends?"

   "Part of it, the other part is that they got me into some messy stuff that would've ruined my life if not for Yeji,"

    "It seems really tricky," Felix muttered.

   "Not as tricky as other things, but it is tricky,"

   Felix pressed his lips together.

   "What about you? Anything tricky in your life?"

    The younger hummed, "My adoptive parents. They... are something else. It is why Chae got married so fast, it is why I left Australia when I finished high school. They are also why for nine years Chae and I couldn't come here,"

    "Oh, that is tricky," Hyunjin said.

   Felix nodded.

   The sounds of the forest filled the small silence.

   "Felix?"

  "Yeah?"

   "Do you believe in fate?" Hyunjin questioned.

   "I don't know. I think that things can happen for a reason, but I don't know if I believe in fate," Felix answered.  

   Hyunjin bit his lip.

   Maybe it was just a coincidence...