14

"It is too bad Hyunjin didn't want to come, I kind of wanted to ask him more about his time at M.I.T," Chan said.

  "Yeah, he was tired," Yeji said.

   "To be fair, the ground sucks to sleep on," Felix muttered.

     Chan rubbed Felix's back, "I don't see why you two fell asleep out there,"

   "You know how it goes... you're talking and then all of a suddenly you aren't," Seungmin said.

   "Ah, Chan knows that a little too well," Lisa said putting drinks down.

   Yeji smiled, "That sounds interesting,"

    "It doesn't get dirty, we fell asleep in the astronomy building of Lisa's uni," Chan said.

   "True, plus, it isn't like anything would have happened with us, Chan is completely in love with someone," she said.

   "You have a crush?" Seungmin asked.

   Chan took a short glance at Felix who was texting someone and drinking his milkshake, "Uh, kind of. I'm just trying to figure out if he wants any type of relationship," he said.

   Seungmin and Yeji both raised a brow.

Obviously they knew something was in the air. Especially after the genital joust between Hyunjin and Chan last night, before drinks.

   The two were definitely going at it as if trying to prove that one of them was better than the other.

   "Ah, well, I guess it all depends on timing," Seungmin mentioned.

   The older nodded, "I am kind of hoping timing this time around is better than last time..."

   "Oh? This time?" Yeji asked.

   "Yeah... I missed out really bad a couple years ago and I kind of want to right it, because honestly if I didn't mess up maybe I'd be married or engaged to the person,"

   Sengmin hummed.

   "I have to go call Chaewon. I'll be right back," Felix said.

-

   "Hey, kiddo," Lucy greeted Hyunjin.

  "Hey," he muttered.

    "Anyone else home or is it just you?" She asked.

   "Just me... everyone else went to Lisa's for breakfast,"

   Lucy hummed, "Why didn't you go with them?"

    The ravenet shrugged, "Just tired..."

   The blonde set down the photographs she was holding and patted the table inf front of an empty chair.

  "Come sit. I want to talk with you,"

    Hyunjin sighed and sat across from her.

    "Did your dad tell you how he knows me?" Lucy asked.

  "No, he didn't even really tell where we were going," Hyunjin muttered.

   Lucy nodded.

  "Well, I knew your parents when we were younger. Myself, Felix's parents, and your parents were all friends. We went to the same boarding school in Australia.

   I was there for your mom when she was on bed rest for you and Yeji. It was the same for Chaewon and Felix a year later," Lucy said.

   "Why didn't Yeji and I ever meet you? Or even Felix and Chaewon?" Hyunjin questioned.

    Lucy smiled a little a gave Hyunjin a picture.

  "You were two and Felix was one it was the day after his birthday. This is all four of you together,"

   Hyunjin smiled a little, "I don't understand why we never met you. Why weren't you at my mom's funeral?"

   "Your parents and Felix's parents got mixed up in a bad business thing after Felix and Chaewon were born. We made an agreement, if anything happened to them you guys would come here and be with me, we decided that you guys wouldn't meet me unless it was needed,"

  "Bad business?" Hyunjin questioned.

  Lucy nodded, "Something stupid, that thankfully is over,"

   Hyunjin looked back to the picture of him and Felix, and bit his lip, "Is that what happened to their parents? A bad business deal?"

  The blonde took a deep breath, "He told you. I'm not surprised, always told your parents you two would be close. What happened with his parents had nothing to do with this business deal, it was burglary,"

   Hyunjin was going to say something but the doorbell rang.

  Lucy stood up and answered the door.

   A brunette woman stood there, soft smile on her face.

  "Hi, how may I help you?" Lucy asked.

    "Hi, Charlotte Kang, I am here to see Felix,"

  Hyunjin's eyes widened and he looked towards the entryway.

   "Felix? Why do you need to see him?" Lucy questioned.

  "I am his fiancee, pleasure to meet you,"

   Lucy and Hyunjin froze.

   Fiancee? This was new.