17

Yeji poked at her food, her mind wandering. She was upset, she concluded that days ago. The fact that even after the stunt Charlotte pulled Hyunjin still talked to her, irked Yeji beyond belief.

   Of course, Yeji tried to reason with that pissed off part of herself, telling herself that the two have know each other for over a decade. It was to no avail, though.

   Hyunjin while an absolute spoiled brat at times, had a bad tendency to forgive easily. Yeji did not, she doesn't think that she'd ever forgive Charlotte, no matter how close they were before what happened.

   She doesn't think she'd ever forgive any of Hyunjin's friends for the shit they have put her and Hyunjin through, with it getting more risky as of late.

   Yeji wondered if that is another reason why their father sent Hyunjin here. She knows that he could probably care less about Hyunjin's spending, the attitude her twin had developed was agitating, but their dad could handle it.

  She believes it is the thought that Hyunjin has already gotten in trouble once because of his so-called friends that scares their dad enough to want to get Hyunjin away from them.

   "Yeji, hun, are you okay?" Ms. Lucy asked.

    Yeji pursed her lips, "What was our dad like when he was younger?"

    The blonde hummed, "He was a lot like you. He loved writing and he was quite shy. It wasn't until he met your mom that he kind opened up. Your mom was just like Hyunjin. Hanging out with the wrong crowd, a little spoiled, and a party person. She mellowed out when she began hanging out with your dad more,"

  Yeji raised a brow.

   "This story is starting to look a little familiar," she mumbled.

  "How are you and Ms. Ryujin Shin?" The woman asked.

   Yeji's fork stopped mid-air when Ms. Lucy asked her that.

  "Huh?"

   "Yuna gossips, she has been talking a little of you and Ryujin,"

   Yeji pursed her lips, "Uhm, well, she and I are going on a date tomorrow night. She asked me out last night," she said.

   Ms. Lucy smiled, "I am glad that you two are getting along well. Do you know if Hyunjin is getting along well with anyone?"

   "Uh, well, kind of... I think that maybe he and Felix are getting along better, then a few weeks ago..." Yeji said.

    The woman nodded.

  "I just wanted to let you know and I am going to let Hyunjin know too. Felix's birthday is next week, there are going to be a few extra people here for it, including Seungmin," she told Yeji.

   Yeji nodded.

    Just as Ms. Lucy was going to talk again, Hyunjin and Felix came down stairs.

    "You two took a while," Yeji said.

  The woman raised a brow when Hyunjin's ears turned bright pink.

   "I was messaging Seungmin, he left me a... gift," Felix said.

   "I needed to shower," Hyunjin muttered.

   Yeji's brows drew together. Didn't he shower earlier.

   "Well, breakfast, eat. We have to go somewhere,"

   Felix hummed, "I am good, not hungry,"

   "Fruit in the fridge. Eat some of it, lix," Ms. Lucy stated.

  Felix pouted and went to the fridge.

   "You are such a mom," Felix whined.

   "Because I was yours for a decade, I know you. Sit and eat,"

   Felix sat down and began to eat some of the fruit.

   Hyunjin sat next to Yeji and ate some of his own food.

    "Is Chan not coming with us?" Felix questioned.

  Ms. Lucy shook her head, "He is in the city. He left this morning with Seungmin, he is meeting with a university friend from his frat house,"

   "Wait Chan was a frat boy?" Yeji asked.

  "Yep, he was a frat boy," Ms. Lucy said.

   "I did not peg him as a frat boy," Yeji muttered

  "To be fair, he wasn't really into the frat house thing, but he also got a scholarship for being part of it on top of his scholarship for swimming," the older woman explained.

   "I was almost recruited in a sorority, it was quite funny. I am still friend with the person who tried to recruit me. She is so sweet," Felix said.

   "A sorority?" Hyunjin questioned.

   Felix nodded, "Yuqi Song, the person who tried to recruit me thought I was a girl with a very deep voice similar to hers. It was when my hair was longer than this. I was very flattered. Didn't join, but I did go to every party and activity they did. Even helped out with designing clothes from new recruits,"

   "How long was your hair?" Yeji asked.

  "Uh, almost down to my lower back. I would've kept it that way too if I hadn't fried the ends when bleaching it," Felix answered.

   Yeji hummed.

   "Okay, are you three ready to go?" Ms. Lucy asked.

   The three all said yes or some version of it.

  "Plates in the sink and let's go," she stated.

     As they left Yeji wonder what exactly it was the woman was so eager to show them.