18

The four pulled up to an estate not far outside of the town.

    "Whoa, big much?" Yeji questioned.

   "Majorly. There is a barn, a horse stable, and a shed that was turned into a dark room in the back," Ms. Lucy said.

   "What is this place?" Felix asked getting out of the car.

    The woman took a breath and smiled.

  "This is where Hyunjin, you, Yeji, and Chaewon, were brought after you guys were born. You guys lived here until two and three," she said.

   The four walked up and Ms. Lucy unlocked the door.

   "Why bring us here now?" Hyunjin questioned.

    "I promised your parents I would bring you guys here. I've already brought Chaewon here a few months ago," she said.

    It looked so simple on the inside.

   "Go ahead and look around. I'll be here,"

    The three walked around. There were pictures on the mantle.

  "Look, little Felix and Hyunjin," Yeji said.

   Felix looked at the photo with Hyunjin.  The two no older than at least one and two.

   "Cute," Hyunjin mumbled.

     They walked around more eventually splitting up. Felix walked upstairs and entered a room.

   A crib and a toddler bed were in it.

   Felix figured that Ms. Lucy had someone come here and clean regularly. Looking in the crib, he picked up the small yellow blanket in it.

   His name was embroidered on the corner.

   "It was a present from Hyunjin and Yeji's parents,"

   Felix hummed and set the blanket down, "It is a pretty room,"

  "This was obviously your room. Hyunjin was next door, Chaewon was across the hall, and Yeji was next to her. Just before you all moved out of this place we often found Hyunjin in you crib with you, it was cute.

  Well, until you guys moved out. Hyunjin wouldn't sleep through the night anymore,"

   Felix pursed his lips, "Did you keep in contact with our families?"

  The woman shook her head, "I wasn't able to, but I am glad to have been able to actually see you guys," she said.

  Felix honestly couldn't imagine how she felt.

  "Why did you never marry or have kids?"

  "To be honest, I never felt the need to do that stuff, especially after you and Chaewon came into the picture. I had you guys and that was all I needed. It is all I still need,"

   Felix was going to say something else, but Hyunjin walked into the room.

  "Hey," Hyunjin said softly.

   "Hey, what's up? You and Yeji, okay?"

  Hyunjin nodded, "Yeji is looking at the other rooms, just came in here to look around a bit,"

   Ms. Lucy nodded, "I'm going to head back downstairs, I have to make a couple calls about next week," she said.

  "Next week?" Felix questioned.

   "Don't worry about it, hun," the woman stated as she left.

  "I hope she isn't planning anything big," Felix muttered.

   "Don't like parties?" Hyunjin questioned.

  "Surprise parties, no. Knowing her though, she probably would plan a party,"

  Hyunjin hummed and stood next to Felix in front of the crib. Looking at it, he swears it seems familiar, but he shrugs it off as him living here when he was younger.

    "All the rooms are similar," Hyunjin mentioned.

   Felix wasn't surprised, from what he remembered from when he was younger his mom liked things to be similar with him and Chaewon.

   "I wonder what it would have been like if we actually grew up together..." Felix muttered.

   Hyunjin looked at Felix who was looking at the small stuffed animal he was holding.

   What would it have been like if they grew up together?

-

  This chapter is flat.