Change of heart?

(This is Transformers prime btw)
It had been a long day for Starscream, yet normal. He had gotten beaten up by Megatron for failing yet again, he leaves the medbay and walks away, as Starscream walks down the halls to his chamber, he can hear his own feet stepping on the cold, metal floor. As soon as he opens the door he walks in and locks it, He goes over to his berth and lays down, he thinks to himself. After a while of thinking he realizes that he can still switch sides, he wasn't sure if the Autobots would even take him to their side, he knows it would be hard since he did kill one of them, a bot named Cliffjumper, he knew Arcee was partners with them, yet he kill the bot anyway. Starscream thought for a while about how he could apologize and maybe they would forgive him, though he knew Arcee would not forgive him even if he brought Cliffjumper back to life. So he thought for a while till he fell into recharge.

The next day
As soon as he onlined his optics, he felt weird... Something wasn't right, he felt strange, he felt guilty... Guilt from killing Cliffjumper, for letting Megatron use the poor bots body for an experiment, he was shocked he couldn't feel guilty from killing a useless Autobot, even if he didn't he would have been tested on instead of Cliffjumper, that would have been way worst. Starscream hated the feeling, though he felt bad for Arcee, she lost a partner... He knew her pain, he was taken away from his conjunx and his sparklings, he even got his trine ripped away from him, he felt his spark drop... As he thought for a while he soon realized he may still have a chance to join the Autobots, they offered him a chance once, maybe they will offer it to him again.

Starscream's POV:
As I sat in my berth I hear my comms turn on, it was Megatron. "Starscream, get down here now, I have a mission for you," as I hear this, I get off my berth and start to walk to the main room, where I knew Megatron would be. As soon as I got there, I can see Megatron looking over some plans, as I walk closer he turns around to face me, "Starscream, you are on a mission to go collect predicon bones for shockwave's experiments, and remember dear Starscream, I don't like being disappointed." His voice drops as he says the last bit,"Soundwave is sending the coordinates," as I turn around to walk away, I hear Megatron whisper "I hope he fails so I can beat him till he begs for mercy." As I hear this, it sends shivers down my spine. I walk to the flight deck and transform into my alt mode. I get the coordinates from Soundwave a couple minutes later, as I fly to the coordinates I realize I have the opportunity to call the Autobots, but what if they think it's a trick, what if they don't trust me, what if Megatron finds out... I continue to fly, still a bit scared about what might happen if Megatron finds out I join the Autobots...