Chapter 1 - Lets Patryyy!

As a person who loves to read, I know the importance of details and role it plays in how we picture the scenes in our imagination.

So, I'll add  as many pictures as possible for my lovely reader to have a clear imagination of what's happening. 

(Please do not hesitate to correct any mistakes in the comments!)

Here's the first chapter. HAPPY READING!!!
Please voteeee <3

____________________

URVI 

Waking up sun kissed is my favourite way to start a day, but when you have six assignments to submit by the end of the week and its already Wednesday? Not so great I suppose! Even if you are a morning girl through and through. I forcefully push the blankets aside and dragged myself to the bathroom to freshen up, so I could get started with my assignments. Thirty minutes later, I was all freshened up and went straight to the kitchen to have some light breakfast.

Adding a note on the refrigerator to remind Ahana to get groceries from the market today, I start prepping for breakfast with the only things I had in the kitchen, which would be A loaf of bread that expires the day after tomorrow and a few eggs. And just so you know, French toast is my staple food (at least my staple breakfast), thank you so much! I take a bite of the perfectly toasted bread when Ahana comes into the living room with sleepy eyes and hair that could easily replace a nest.

"Good morning, Sunshine" I greet her and she give me her signature, 'I just woke up so please don't speak too much with me even if I love you to the moon and back' smile.

"Did you make French toast again? Come on Vivi I know you can do better than that!" she whines, because she knows she has to eat it too since she doesn't have time to cook something for herself before leaving for college.

"I know that too Ahana, but apparently someone decided to host a dinner for her friends last evening and forgot about restocking the groceries." I reminded her playfully laughing at the face she makes, which tells me she's guilty.

"I'm so sorry babe I totally forgot about that, and I promise I'll get them by evening. And your French toast isn't so bad I guess.", she says with a coy smile. It never fails to amuse me how quickly this girl always changes her mind, but it has always been this easy between her and me, ever since I came to Mumbai to complete my masters in Architecture three years ago. We only moved in together into a small flat close to the college a year ago but we've actually known each other since we were freshers.  I really must have done some good deeds to have found her as soon as I joined college and also as my roomie. I know how much my cousins and friends complain about having to share a room or flat with people they can hardly stand and that it affects them on an everyday basis. Lucky me, I guess!

I make a few more French toasts for Ahana, and go to my room so I can start with my assignments. I sit at my study table, satisfied with how my things are arranged perfectly just the way I like them, everything in its place. Yup, that's me, your organised and neatness obsessed girl. Not that that I have an OCD about it but it's just the way I am and I can't help it!

After three gruesome hours of straining my brain to complete two of the assignments, I finally decide to take a break and enjoy a few of my favourite biscuits sent by my favourite and one and only brother all the way from Germany. No one in the family likes them so they're always kept aside. More for me I guess. 

I'm lost in my thought when I hear my phone ring on the kitchen counter. I put the biscuits back in the cupboard and then receive the call.

"Hey roomie!" Sasha drags the last word practically screeching and I'm sure she must be jumping on her feet wherever she is. I laugh at her and think about how easily she gets excited over little things.

"You remember Vivaan Arora, the one I introduced you to last week, who is a senior at our college in Industrial Design major, who made this joke about sheep bei-" Omg this girl, I can't help but laugh at the way she is blabbering.

"Yes Ahana, I remember.", I cut her short before she starts explaining to me what he wore that day, what colour shoes he had or the colour of his bag pack.

"So, I was just going to the canteen when I saw him and we were just talking and then he told me about this party they're having this weekend and guess what?" She asked

"Ummm...He invited you?", I said guessing that must be why she sounded so excited.

"Yesss", she says more like a snake hissing. "And I asked him if I could bring you with me and he agreed. So, please do not make any plans because you're booked with me for the weekend."

"Okay. I'll be submitting all my assignments by Saturday so I'll be pretty much free. We are going to this party and I'm gonna get myself wasted. I don't even remember the last time I drank you know. Maybe the semester end party that was held a couple of months ago, and you know I was almost on the verge of barfing on this guy's shoes who knows what he woul-"

"And you say I'm the one that blabbers!", she says sarcastically

"Somebody's rubbing off on me. Can't help it when that somebody technically lives with me.", I say and the two of us start laughing.

"Okay so this Saturday we're gonna loosen ourselves of the stress by getting hammered. Wohooo", she hoots.

I don't party much, and not because I don't like to but because I don't want to get used to it and distract myself from my studies. Not that I get addicted to things quickly, in fact I never get addicted to anything, but I'd rather be on the safer side because partying can do unimaginable things to you and in the most unexpected way. I can't disappoint my parents, not when they've sacrificed so much for me.

But that doesn't make me any less excited for the party this weekend and I can't help but think of the things I'm gonna be doing and what I'll be wearing. Thinking of which reminds me that I don't have anything particular to wear for this party. Infact I do not have a party dress at all. I quickly text Ahana to let her know we're going shopping tomorrow after the college ends. With all the excitement buzzing inside of me, I get back to my room to finish up the work that I started.

____________________

Pleaseee pleaseee pleaseee comment your thoughts and do not forget to vote.

I'll be back soon with a new chapter!