Chapter 13 - I'm Sorry

HAPPY READING!!!!

____________________

URVI

As soon as those  words left my mouth, I regretted it. It was like, those stupid words that have been playing on loop in my mind this whole week just waiting for me to finally meet Abhimanyu and then use them on him. This is not me. This is not who I am, snapping at people just because they've hurt me. But you know what hurt more? Abhimanyu's face after I said what I did! 

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I need to get a  book from that section, I'll be back", I hightail from there because that is what I do best. Run before you have to confront the other person. I hate confrontations. I'd rather keep my thoughts to myself than tell them to others, even if they're super close to me.

And no, I don't need a book. I already Borrowed everything I needed and it's on the table but Abhimanyu doesn't have to know that. I'm walking towards one of the sections when I hear Abhimanyu running after me.

"Urvi wait!"

I take a hasty turn, but suddenly, the knot of my crop top gets stuck in one of the hooks and comes off loose, and I immediately stop in my tracks and lean against the bookshelf and just pray that He doesn't see me in this state. But before I could tie the knots back Abhimanyu is in front of me. He takes one look at my state and turns around, giving me the privacy I needed. I pull the string off the hook and try to tie the knot on my back but fail and several attempts I just give up.

"If you don't mind, may I?" It's like he could read my mind.

"Okay" I whisper and turn around and so does he.

He comes closer to me and takes the strings in his hands and tries to tie the knots without touching me, but when he accidently touches my back, a shiver racks through my spine and goosebumps spread all over back and shoulder, which doesn't go unnoticed by him.

"It's done" is all he says after he's finished and I try to run again. Try being the key word.

As soon as I take a step ahead, he loops two of his fingers round the knot he just tied and pulls me back and snakes his arms around my shoulders. I almost laugh at the irony of how things turned out, one second I'm running away from him and the other I'm in his embrace.

"What are you doing?"

"Not letting you run away again. Not before you let me apologize." I can feel how genuinely he wants to apologize but my stupid heart doesn't want to trust him. 

"You don't have to. We didn't even know each other a few weeks ago, and we can keep it that way. You don't have to force a friendship with me just because I'm close to your best friend." I barely whisper but hears me. Every word.

"Is that why you think I want to be closer to you?" he asks, almost sounding sad.

"No. I don't even think you want to be closer to me. You would not have snapped at me the way you did if a friendship is what you wanted, and for no apparent reason at that. I don't even know why you were so mad at me that day Abhimanyu! I racked my brain the entire day to figure out if I did something in my drunk state to piss you off, but I couldn't remember any such thing. It's been a week now and I don't care anymore." I try to pull his hands away only for him to tighten his embrace.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I behaved like an ass that day and you didn't deserve it. You did nothing stars, trust me it was all me. I can't tell you the exact reason why I was pissed that day..." he turns me around and continues, "But you did nothing okay? You could never do anything to piss me off. After I was told the truth, I realized what a fucking idiot I was, and irrespective of what the truth was, I should not have said what I said. But I didn't mean a thing that day Urvi. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I have my eyes closed the entire time while his thumb caresses my cheek. But when I look into his eyes, those beautiful brown eyes with swirls of caramel that become almost golden due to the sun rays through the window, all I see is how genuinely sorry he is. But I don't give in yet. I just can't. 

"What truth?" I ask because he still hasn't told me why exactly he was pissed. 

"You don't have to know." he says and pulls his hand away from my cheek and I'm hurt again. I don't remember when I gave Abhimanyu the power to hurt me in ways nobody ever has, but even these little things he says and does hurt me.

I didn't know what to reply to him so I move around him and simply start walking towards our table and Abhimanyu follows me.

Vivaan is now wide awake and looking at his phone.

"Hey, slept well?" I ask with a giggle.

"Beauty sleep baby. It was a must after what I've been through last week! Where were the two of you though?" he asks eyeing the two us. What the hell happened to him last week?

"Just went to get a book, but I couldn't find it."

"Are we done studying yet? I just want to go home and sleep." he says yawning.

"Dude! When did you even study? You slept as soon as we came here and you slept the entire time! Thodi toh sharam kar!", Abhimanyu says picking his bag pack.

(Have a little shame)

"I'm done studying in the library. I have to go meet one of my professors, you guys go ahead." I leave from there.

-- -- --

ABHIMANYU

 As soon as Urvi left, Vivaan turns to me and asks, "Did you apologize? "

"I did, but I don't think I'm forgiven yet!"

"Of course she didn't forgive you so easily. That girl deserves more than just an apology Abhi. It won't be that easy."

"I know. But I have a feeling she's worth it all.", I say, smiling at her retrieving figure.

"I have  a favor to ask you Viv. I'll owe you one." 

"I know what you're gonna ask for, I'll arrange something with Ahana. And you don't have to owe me shit brother. We're best friends and that's what we're supposed to do for each other."

____________________

I'm sorry for the late update!

But I promise I'll be back with a new chapter real soon! 

<3 <3 <3