Chapter 4 - Gotcha Starry Night!

Does the title make you excited? It does me!!!!

I've been waiting to write and publish this chapter!

Hope you'll love it

HAPPY READING!!!

____________________

URVI

I've played laser tag only once in my life when I was 17 and it was one amazing experience. As much as I wanted to do it again either I was busy or my friends were. So, entering the room I'm filled with giddy excitement and competitiveness.

"Dude, we have to make sure Ahana and Abhimanyu lose.", I whisper into Vivaan's ear and he gives me a sly smile and a thumbs up. That's all I need. Let's go Urvi! Show them who's the king here. Or rather the queen! Hehe

Two minutes into the game and the four of us are being very careful not to get caught by the opponent.

"Gotcha!", Vivaan screams and I hear Ahana gasp and then she starts giggling hysterically. Yes, so that leaves only Abhimanyu on the other team. Let's go! I cheer myself.

I'm hiding behind a window like structure when Abhimanyu suddenly jumps behind me. My heart is beating a mile a minute, but to my relief he hasn't seen me yet. I almost get him but he disappears before I could tag him. And just as I'm following him, he tags Vihaan.

"Vivi it's just you and Abhi now. Be careful.", Vivaan yells to warns me.

I follow Abhimanyu without him noticing me waiting for a perfect moment to tag him. This goes on for a few minutes and then I realize I've lost him and I don't even know when that happened.

"Gotcha Starry Night", he practically whispers into my ears, I could feel his breath on my temple and it brings goosebumps all over my body. Why is he so close to me and why on earth does he sound so sexy? He's pointing the gun at me, but before he can tag me, I quickly push his gun surprising him and beat him by tagging him. Giggling, as I take in his shocked face into notice and I start celebrating our victory by waving my gun dancing like a three year old. I stop abruptly as soon as I realise that I was with Abhimanyu and not my friends from school or Ahana, my cheeks burning hot with embarrassment. I'm glad for the dim lighting, feeling better that he can't see that my cheeks have practically turned crimson now.

"Colour me surprised Vivi, I didn't know you were this quick with your moves.", he says with a coy smile on his lips watching my reaction carefully as if he'll be grading me on how I react.

And then there's me, who's heart is beating as if I've run a marathon hearing him call me Vivi. It was then i realized what he called me a few moments ago when he almost tagged me. 

'Starry night' , I whisper, loving the nickname he unknowingly gave me. Ufff my fragile heart be still please. It's so quiet in here i don't want him listining to you beating so loudly.

After a few more moments of silence, we're interrupted by a howling sound.

"We wooooooooooon!", Vivaan comes running towards me, lifts me and starts spinning us. Oh my god I've never seen a guy so excited over winning a game of laser tag and especially not a twenty-four-year-old. I'm glad he hasn't lost the child in him yet. When we get out of the place, we're all laughing making jokes about the face Ahana apparently made when Vivaan tagged her and that she almost twisted her ankle when she jumped in shock. Abhimanyu's talking to someone on the phone while he's walking behind the three of us.

"Hana, it's already 5.30 in the evening, I think we should leave. I have an assignment to complete", I say

"Okay babe, as you wish", she says slinging her arm around my shoulder. I'd love to spend more time with these amazing new friends that I made today, but I also knew that if I didn't complete the final floor plan for the project today, I won't be able to turn in my assignments on time. I book a cab for us to go home and the app says its only in the next block so it'll be here in a minute or so. While we're waiting for the cab, Ahana's busy talking to Vivaan, who is probably trying to process whatever she's saying. I turn to look at Abhimanyu, who to my surprise is frowning at me. Did I say something wrong? Did I do something wrong? Is there something on my face? Those were the first questions in my mind. When I tried to talk to him, he only turned himself away from me, as if he did not want to listen to whatever I was about to tell him and started looking around him as if searching for someone. What happened all of a sudden? Does he not like talking to me when it's just us? Fine then I won't talk to him either.

Our cab arrives and I hug Vivaan a goodbye saying we'll meet at the party on Saturday. To be polite I try to shake my hand with Abhimanyu only for him to look at me as if I'd grown two horns. What's his problem I mutter under my breath and get inside the car with the embarrassment because I feel like an idiot for wanting to talk to him for one last time before we left when he doesn't even care.

The entire drive I was fuming due to which Ahana gave me a worried look and asked if I didn't enjoy myself with the guys and also offered to not have them go with us anywhere else the next time. I just told her that it was because I had to go home and do my assignments and not because of the guys.

-- -- --

Its 8 in the evening and I realize I haven't eaten anything since the noodles in the afternoon. I move away from my manual drafter, stack all the papers that I'm done with, arrange all my things in their place and make a bee line to the kitchen to make something for myself only to realize, our dear Ahana forgot to restock the fridge. Again.

"Ahanaaaaa", I shout at her hoping she hears me over the headphones she usually wears.

She peeks through her bedroom door with a 'why are you yelling like a lunatic' look and as soon as she sees me standing in the kitchen with my hands on my waist, she knows exactly why I called her. She doesn't say anything, only goes back into her room, grabs a jacket and starts running towards the main door.

"Sorry babe, it was totally out of my mind. I'll go to the supermarket right now, so please don't hate me.", she says already halfway out of the door.

But right now, I'm really hungry and I know for a fact that it'll take her at least an hour to get back and all there is in the kitchen is some bread and eggs. Again. Well since I have no other option, I think of making some simple toasts and a few eggs with sunny side up. 

It's funny that I think just because the food looks different from what I ate yesterday, my brain won't mind eating the same thing again and again. Lol

I set everything on the counter and thankfully there's some butter left in the refrigerator. With a little butter on the pan, I leave two breads on it. Yes, I'm the kind of girl that likes pan toasts and not use an electric toaster. 

I'm about to flip the bread when the doorbell rings. I don't understand why Ahana's ringing the bell when she already has a key. She probably forgot about it when she made a rushed attempt to escape my wrath. I look at the time but it has only been 15 minutes since she's left for the supermarket.

"Did you forget something Ahan..", I ask while opening the door but stop abruptly when I'm met with a familiar face, which is not Ahana at all.

____________________

Sooooooo, How was it??? And who do you think is at the door???

Excitedly waiting for your reviews!

Please comment your views and do not forget to vote!!! 

I'll be back soon with a new chapter very soon.

This is your author Signing off!!