Chapter 10 - There's No Home

This chapter is really close to my heart because, for the first time we get to see Urvi's breakdown.

I really enjoyed writing this chapter and tried my best to express her feelings and also Abhi's since this whole chapter is his POV.

I hope you enjoy it too!

HAPPY READING!!!

____________________

"You should go home"

"And do what? Feel left out of my own family again? Starve for love from my own parents? Beg them to love me the way they love my brother and sister? Ask them why they can't even look at me in the face when they talk to me?"

I look down at the girl who's been living rent free in my head for the past three days and what I see breaks my heart. She's looking up at me with tears brimming the prettiest eyes I've seen. Her chin is trembling and she's biting her lips so she doesn't sob in front of me. Her eyebrows are scrunched and she's clutching my shirt so tightly that her knuckles have turned white.

But what she says next, feels like a knife being twisted in my gut.

"Nahi jaana mujhe ghar, Abhi. Nahi jaana ghar. Koi pyaar nahi karta mujhse, mera koi Ghar nahi hai!" Those words break the dam she's been holding all this time, she puts her head on my chest and starts sobbing uncontrollably.

(I don't want to go home Abhi. I don't want to go home. Nobody loves me, there's no home.)

I fucking hate that all I can do right now is be a shoulder for her to cry on, to hold her. I fucking hate that she had to go through all this in the first place.

She feels so fragile right now, that I'm scared if I hold her a little tighter, she'll break. And I'll lose her before I even have her.

"Hey hey! It's okay Stars! You don't have to do anything you don't want to. I'm here okay! I'm here for you. We don't have to go home. You have me." I promise, holding her tighter in my arms and kissing her crown.

I know we're basically strangers, but the way I feel for Urvi goes beyond anything I've ever felt. She's hurting right now, and I'll do anything in my fucking capability to protect her from her demons. I'll fight them. Hell, I'll even make them mine if she lets me.

After a few more moments in each other's embrace I pull away but still hold her close enough with a hand on her shoulder. After being this close to her, I don't think I'll ever want anything else in this world more than her.

With the other hand I lightly caress the back of her neck and tug the base of her hair on the nape, so that she's directly facing me. I lightly massage the base of her neck only for her to close her eyes in relief. It's like she's been holding in too many emotions in this beautiful heart of her's that she's physically tired of it, forget mentally.

"Do you want to sleep?" I ask knowing she's tired from all the drinks, the dance and walking on those fucking heels that are atleast 3 inches tall and all the crying. Even with the heels her eyes bearly meet mine and that brings me an unexpected satisfaction.

She nods at my question and begins to walk towards the door but I'm sure she'll never reach the room in her drunk state especially in her heels.

So I pull her wrist and pick her up snaking one arm behind her back and the other behind her knees.

She stills instantly at my actions, "What are you doing? You know I can very well walk on my own." she says putting her arms around my neck and her head on my chest.

"I know that Stars, but that doesn't mean you have to. Especially when I'm here. Okay?"

" Stop being so nice Abhi. It'll make things hard for me." She says closing her eyes.

Did she just call me Abhi? I mean, everybody does but it never went beyond my notice that Urvi always called me Abhimanyu. Though it never annoyed me, it just felt like there was an unknown wall between us because of that. It felt like she did that on purpose so that she has things under control.

She also called me Abhi during her breakdown but that moment was so fragile and emotional in itself that I could hardly think of anything other than the girl in my arms!

I walk inside the house, and the party has almost died. Thank god!

I swiftly move towards the stairs and enter the guest bedroom. I know Karan very well so I'm sure he wouldn't mind me using one of his guest rooms for a night.

I place her on the bed, but when I'm about to move away, I feel a tug on my shirt. I turn around and see Urvi's holding the sleeve of my shirt in a tight grip and is mumbling something in sleep.

I bend down on one knee and start caressing her cheek lightly, "Hey pretty girl! I'm right here okay. I just want to take your heels off so you can sleep comfortably. Okay?"

I take both her heels off and start searching the drawers for some tablets. Karan hosts too many parties in here so I'm sure there's paracetamol kept somewhere in every room of the house. I find one in the bottom drawer and place it on the bedside table along with a glass of water. I'm pretty sure she'll need it in the morning.

I move downstairs to join Vivaan who is sitting with a few guys including Karan and talking about I don't know what. An almost asleep Ahana is sitting beside him resting her head on his shoulder

"Hey" I say.

"Dudeee! Aaj Suraj kaha se uga tha Jo tu party mein aaya?" Karan asks.

" Bas aise hi Mann Kiya." I say shrugging my shoulders.

" So it has nothing to do with the girl you just had in your arms?" Vivaan asks with a sly smirk.

"No it doesn't. And that's none of your business!" I snap, as if wanting to convince myself, more than the people at the table.

"She is smoking hot though. It didn't seems like she has a boyfriend, so I'm definitely asking her out the next time we meet. " Karan that fucker says and my hands instantly first into balls to control my rage.

But before I could even open my mouth, Ahana said "That's my best friend you're talking about, you asshole. Stay away from her."

_____________________

Hey people! Please comment and vote <3

Next chapter will be released very soon, but before that I really need you guys to vote (⁠ ╯⁠︵⁠╰ )

Okay bye!!!