༺Ep. 20༻

2 years later ~

In a hospital room.

Jimin was sitting beside a bed where an old sick lady lying on.

She was in her 50's.

“Eomma?...Eomma? Are you awake?” Jimin asked.

“Wh-who? Who is this?” she asked as all she could see with her eyes only slight blur.

“It's me. Jimin. Your son. Don't you remember? Your son Jimin.” He tried to make her recall with a gentle tone of his.

“My son? Oh! I'm really sorry. I-....I again forgot. I'm sorry." The lady apologised.

“Eomma..... it's fine. Atleast you recognised me right away when I told you. It's a good progress you see?” He encouraged the sad woman.

He caressed her head then took out some tiffin boxes which had foods inside.

After feeding her he left the room biding her a bye.

He went to the Doctor's cabin.

“Ma'am, Is there any chances of her surviving?” He asked desperately.

“Every one week after you come here and ask me the same question. And like everytime, my answer is no.” The Doctor said.

“Please doctor there must be someway you can save her. She has to live. Please.” He begged her desperately.

“Mr. Park, try to understand. We tried everything. She has sever Kidney canser, has a brain tumour and also suffering from memory losses. We're still trying our best. But it's not in our hands. You should move her to some big hospitals.” She said.

“You know I'm still not that financially stable. I'm still trying fully pay for the treatment she's getting from here how will I afford any big hospitals?” He said helplessly.

“Look, that is not our problem right? You should try to arrange all the money. You still haven't completed the full payment of her treatment. If you keep delaying like that I'm afraid that, you have to take your mother home. There are lot of patients who may need more beds.” She said sternly.

“I.......I'll try." He said hiding his teary eyes.

“You must. Now please leave, I have an appointment.” She said.

He left with a disappointment from the hospital.

With his shoulder hanging low, heavy with the weight of guilt and disappointment,

He somehow reached his house by half a way walking and half in a local bus.

Exhaustedly dragging himself to his bed, he sat down with a sigh.

“I guess....it is justified. This should happen to me after whatever I did. This is the punishment." He said with a sad chuckle with the guilt and pain building a lump in his throat. He closed his eyes letting a warm tear drop fall.

He couldn't keep those properties and money which he took illegally.

He couldn't maintain his position in the company because of hard compitition in business field and also because no one supported him as the CEO.

He had to lose the case in the court and handover everything he took.

The only thing he has now is a normal old house of his and a burden of loan.

His fate punishing him enough.

Living a regretful life.

Working in a small cafè, trying to save as much money to pay all the debts and for good treatments for his sick mother.

While thinking about all of these suddenly his phone rang.

After wiping his tears he picked up the phone.

He sighed as it was the call from bank.

“H-hello sir? I'll pay down soon. Please, I just need more times. I'll surely pay-”

“No no, you don't have to now.” the person in the other side said making him a bit surprised.

“Why?” he asked.

“Because your house is sold." He said.

That moment Jimin felt like the floor has slipped away from under his feet.

“What?!!! How is it possible?!! And how you could you sell my house to someone else without even asking me?!” He yelled in disbelief.

“Why Mr Jimin? It's been soo long, you couldn't pay down your loan in given times. So, it's our right to sell the house and we don't need your or anyone's permission for that.”

“But..... please understand my situation. I'll pay all the debts but I still need some more times to do that-”

“We are sorry, It is sold now. Now if you want some more times you have to ask from the new owner now.” He said Coldly and cut the call.

He sat down on the bed anxiously.

Now he has nothing.

He only has two days to pack his things and leave.

“No.....I can't loose this house. How am I gonna face Eomma? Yes....yes, I will beg for it if I have to. I will pay and buy this house again.”

Then suddenly his phone lit with a messege notification.

Which had the number and name of the new owner sent by the bank.

He wiped his tears with a very little hope that maybe that person would be kind on him. Maybe he'll give him enough time to pay down the debt.

He made up his mind and was ready to dial that number.

The phone rings increasing the weight of nervousness in him.

“Hello? How can I help you sir?”

A man's soft voice came through the phone

He cleared his throat before answering,

“This is Park Jimin here, the previous owner of Park residence. I..... actually got this number from Mr.(xxx)” He said.

“Oh I see. Then I'm afraid you are talking to the wrong person. I'm her PA.”

“Then, can I talk to her please? It's really urgent."

“She is not free right now. I'll fix an appointment with her for you. Would that be ok?”

“Sure. Thank you.”

“Have a good day sir.”

He tiredly sat on his bed.

Suddenly his phone blinked with a notification.

He checked the messege sent to him from the same number he called.

10:30 Am, At Xxx rd. Fine.” he mumbled.

He has no choice left but to kneel down  before them.

How a life can be this miserable.

━─┉◈TO BE CONTINUED◈┉─━

Okay guys, this is a short chapter.
Another one is coming soon.

I know I made you guys wait for a very long time,
All types of Chappals are accepted for that.

Please read and don't forget to vote for your Author.

Saranghae ❤️