𝓵𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓵𝓮 𝓝𝓾𝓝𝓮𝔀[10]

Author: I'm back!  sorry for not updating was out of ideas on how to contiue.  I worked really hard on this chapter. ;) ☺️ enjoy

In the lavish confines of the club room, panic seizes the air, and the deafening roar of gunfire shatters the air, sending shock waves through the opulent crowd. Panic ripples through the room like wildfire as panicked guests, dressed in their finest attire, scatter around the room, their hearts pounding in fear. Chairs topple over, and glass shatters. Amongst the turmoil, the bright lights gleam upon the grim reality unfolding below. The once serene ambiance swirls with chaos, a chilling reminder that safety is never guaranteed when involved in the mafia.

Someone will always betray you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NuNew POV

Before Max finishes his sentence, the deafening sound of a gunshot fills the air.

I become paralysed, and it all floods back to me. The blurry images playing in front of my eyes  , I see Max ; his lips are moving inaudibly. He grabs my arm and places me back in the backstage room, closing the door as he leaves.

My body begins to tremble, tears stinging my eyes, one after another gunshots rain down, people scream in terror, the once so comfy room feels suffocating,  I'm back once again in my dream, tears clouding my vision, I huddle over to the corner of the couch, bringing my knees up to my chest, I place my palms on my ears and put my head down.

I'm trying my best to muffle the noise. My heart is pounding in fear, and everything around me is beginning to spin. I think I'm going to die. I really am going to get shot in the head. Terror is all that runs through my blood at the moment; I can't move, I can't breathe, and I'm helpless. I begin rocking back and forth till I hear the familiar creaking of the door, and I freeze. I don't lift a muscle; I keep myself in that wrapped-up position.

"We should be safe here for the time being." An unfamiliar voice sighs out breathlessly.

"Ouii NuNew" another voice calls out. I hear footsteps coming towards me—someone crouching down beside me, wrapping their arms around my body. I feel the figure running his palms along my back in circular motions, trying to calm me.

"It's okay; we're going to keep you safe." He says quietly

I exhale shakily, my heart still pounding heavily. I remove my hands from my ears. Gunshots are still ringing in the air. I look up to see Chay, his hands still wrapped around me. "We're going to be alright, I promise," he says, reassuringly, a soft smile forming on his face. I notice another figure standing over his shoulder.

I look up at him; he has a look of concern etched over his features, and his hair is untidy.

"This is Macau; he's my friend; don't worry," Chay says, gesturing at the standing man to sit down.

We all huddle down together, waiting in silence. Not-so-silent screams mingling the air and glass shattering can be heard from outside. "What's going on?" I finally squeezed my throat; my tone is shaky.

 "We don't have any information; everything was secure, but there is no such thing as safety when you are in the maf-" Before Macau finishes his sentence, Porchay gently slaps his upper arm, giving him a stern look. "Do you think Nat is okay? I asked, tears forming in my eyes again.

"Hey, Nat is safe. We're all going to be okay. There are a bunch of skilled bodyguards out there," Chay consoles. "I Prom-" Before he finishes his sentence, a loud bang erupts from outside our door, followed by forceful pounding. We all turn our heads in terror, standing up, with Chay still having his hands wrapped around me. Macau stands in front of us with a glass flowerpot in his hands.