𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 ?[14]

NuNew

The other night I wasn't able to sleep at all; I was way too curious about the private room. I had just gotten out of the shower and put on a white t-shirt and pair of gray sweatpants before heading downstairs. As I walk down the carpeted steps, the aroma of breakfast fills the air. I come down to the kitchen and notice Zee cooking.

He cooks?

I really thought Mr. Mafia boss had a house taker.He noticed me standing in the corner and asked me to help him. I was going to decline, but it seemed disrespectful and needless to say that I've never cooked anything other than Ramen.

"Uh, I'm not much of a cook," I tell him as he hands me the knife.

"It's only a apple, How hard can that be?" He says raising a brow.

I took the knife from him and began to cut the apple slices It's quite simple, but I don't do much cutting  fruits or vegetables. As I concentrate on cutting the Apple slices, a phone ringing sound frightens me. I hiss lowly at the cut made on my hand.

"Ou, be careful," Zee says gently. He grabs my hand and guides me towards the table. He tells me to sit down as he grabs a bandage. I stare at him blankly, shocked by his behavior.

It's weird I only met him four days ago, and here we are in his house, cooking together.

Zee comes back and kneels down in front of me. He gently grabs my hand, wipes the crimson blood line off my finger with an alcohol wipe, and begins to put a bandage around it.

I gaze down at him. I feel as if this has happened before; it feels familiar. A familiar sharpness crosses through my head. I pull my hand away and grab my head, shutting my eyes. "Damn it!" I hissed out in pain, shaking my head.

"Hold on, I'll get your meds," Zee says quickly as he rushes off.

I get a flashback of two blurry little figures sitting across from one another, the taller kid plastering a bruise on the shorter kids face.

"Here," Zee says, pulling my hands away from my face. He helps me take the medicine and drink the glass of water, and instant relief rushes over my body. I let out a deep breath.

"How do you feel  NuNew?" Zee asks, looking down at him. I tilt my head to meet his gaze and feel my lips forming words subconsciously.

"Hia"

"what?' Zee says with wide eyes. I knit my brows together, confused at my own words.

I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know, I just got some sort of image in my head."

He nods towards me, tells me to stay seated, and returns to the kitchen. We eat breakfast in silence. I steal a few glances at him. His messy hair covers his eyebrows,  his face screwed up as he scrolls through his phone.

I drink a glass of water, and before Zee can leave the room, I stop him.

"I need answers." I begin, but he cuts me off.

"Dr. Mix told me—" I stand up and bang my palms on the table, making Zee narrow his eyes at me.

"I don't care what Dr. Mix says; I need to ask you a question. Come on," I tell him as I walk towards the living space. He follows behind me and takes a seat on the couch. I take the seat in front of him.

"I thought about this last night, and I'm sure I know you somehow, but I can't remember," I said, looking at Zee.

He gives me a sad smile—the first time I've seen his face change from being a thin line.

"Do you remember your mother?" He inquires, leaning back against the couch.

I shake my head no frowning at him