chapter 15

Klaus Mikaelson found himself outside when Aro called for him and his brother Kol. Bella, who had just woken up, was feeling confused and disoriented. Klaus decided to inform Billy and Jacob about what Edward had told the Volturi.

As Klaus received a message alert from Kol, saying that the gang was all here and two members of the Cullen coven were heading to their old home in Forks, while the Whitlocks and siblings were going to Bella's house, he was shocked to hear that the Whitlocks were coming. He knew that this meant he would have to fight, and fight he would.

Klaus walked inside and approached Jacob, asking for a word. He assured Jacob that he would be back within a few minutes. Jacob looked concerned as he asked Klaus what was wrong. Klaus explained that his family and the Whitlocks were coming that night, and he had made it clear that there should be no hunting in Forks and La Push. Jacob inquired about the Whitlocks, and Klaus informed him that they were Jasper, Peter, and Charlotte. Jasper had been with the Cullens but had left, along with two other Cullen members, Rose and Emmett.

Jacob promised to inform his dad and the pack about the situation. He explained to Klaus that the Cold Ones triggered the shifter gene in them, and new shifters were unpredictable and dangerous, often unable to control their anger. Klaus was concerned and asked Jacob what was wrong. Jacob revealed that anyone who shifted could never leave the reservation, as it was considered a curse and a heavy burden.

Klaus expressed his surprise, admitting that he had no idea that Jacob's kind couldn't leave the reservation. Jacob suggested that Klaus have his family come to Bella's house, or he could talk to his dad and see if the Whitlocks could stay at their place on the reservation.

Klaus thanked Jacob and apologized if the number of vampires was overwhelming. Jacob assured him that it was fine, but requested that if Klaus needed to cause any trouble, he should do it outside of Seattle, to spare his tribe and Charlie any unnecessary temper tantrums Klaus may have or anyone who is here on Klaus's behalf.