chapter 19

Carlisle, Esme, and Alice had made the decision to hunt for the night, knowing that finding animals in Chicago wasn't as easy. However, their plans took a dark turn when Alec appeared, using his powers to blind them. His sister then bound them and together they were taken to the Volturi's private jet. Once on board, Jane took over, inflicting pain on Alice with her powers. The Volturi's orders were clear - bring the Cullens to the Volturi Kings, but nothing about torturing them. Jane made it clear that Edward may not survive, as the kings were not offering him any aid due to a powerful clan he had angered. As for Alice, her fate was uncertain.

Meanwhile, Edward, unable to reach Alice, received a call from Caius informing him of Bella's supposed death. Caius had no intention of warning Klaus or his family, sending Edward into their midst. When the time was right, Caius would reveal the truth and cause chaos.

In the meantime at Forks, Peter, Jasper, Sam, and the Mikaelsons gathered in the kitchen at the Mikaelsons' home.

Klaus caused quite a stir by destroying a large part of the forest after Kol revealed the history between Edward and Bella. Now, Peter was sharing everything he overheard Edward telling Alice on the phone. "My spider sense is tingling, guys. We're about to have some company. We should head back to Bella's hideout in the trees. Sam, he can smell your pack. What's the plan?"

"Your wolf pack can hide inside the house with Bella. He won't be able to enter that way if he somehow gets past us vampires."

"Great idea. I'll go to Charlie's and call the guys to meet me there."

"Klaus, don't kill him right away. It's been a while since we had a good chase, and he's no Katrina Petrova."

"Alright, Kol. We'll have some fun with him first."

Rebekah glanced at the group. "He's never met me. I'll answer the door. Maybe it's time someone showed him that females can fight and leave a lasting impression."

"Rebekah, my dear fiery hellcat, you can have your fun with him first. But he's mine to deal with."