CFE Studios

Alicia

I was excited and nervous at the same about having gotten the opportunity to audition for Marcus and Franklin of CFE. I wanted Shaunice there, but I know she's gonna have an issue with Maurice being there as well. But I don't care, they are gonna have to learn how to deal with each other.

"Girl, I can't wait to go to the studio tomorrow. You coming with me right?" I asked as we walked through the door to my apartment.

"Girl, you know I am. I can't let you go over there and me not see you blow them away? I want to see history in the making." Shaunice took her shoes off and walked over to the couch and plopped down in the middle.

"I don't think I could do it without you there." Shaunice was my best friend. We had been through a lot.

She's always been my support system; the one who had been in my corner since day one. She has urged me to show my talent when we were in school. It was a talent show and she told me to sing my heart out and I did; I won first place. Shaunice and I both bonded a lot because we were both only children so we looked at each other as sisters since we didn't have any siblings.

"I'm hungry Alicia, what you got to eat?" Shaunice flipped through the channels, landing on America's Got Talent.

"Nothing, I was planning on going shopping tomorrow." I responded looking in my fridge at the emptiness it revealed.

"Well GrubHub it is." She said picking up her phone, opening the delivery app. "What do you have a taste for?"

"How about some Panda Express?"

"Oooo, I ain't had that in a minute. Yes!" Shaunice scrolled through her app while I went to the room to change into my lounge jumpsuit. "You like the same stuff, right?"

"Yeah," I yelled from my bedroom. "Lo Mein noodles, no rice."

I went back to the kitchen and grabbed the bottle of Sweet Red wine from the door of the fridge, grabbed two wine glasses and returned to the living room.

"That's what I'm talking about," Shaunice stood up and grabbed her bag. "Let me go and change my clothes so I can get comfortable too."

"We're drinking this tonight to celebrate."

"Yes Ma'am!" She yelled as she closed the bathroom door. Shaunice returned with her navy blue onesie and furry slippers. "I'm ready now."

I poured her a glass of wine and handed it to her. "Are you gonna be alright with Maurice there?"

She rolled her eyes before she took a sip of wine, "I guess. Only for you girl, I'll behave. But if he gets out of pocket, like he did some shit, I can't promise anything."

"Thank you. I appreciate that." I took a sip of wine and allowed the cool liquid to swish around my mouth before swallowing. It was refreshing and well deserved.

"But you need to see him for what he is, Alicia. You deserve so much better. I just get a bad vibe from him."

"You've been saying that ever since I got with him." I replied.

"Yeah, that's because I think he's with you for the wrong reasons."

"Girl, I ain't nothing he can bank off of?" I swished the wine around in the glass.

"He knows you are about to blow up and he is trying to get in on the scene using your talent." Shaunice quipped. I looked at her and she pursed her lips up to the side and raised one eyebrow.

"I know you keep telling me that," I responded. I know she means well, but Maurice has been trying to help get me noticed. I had to give him that. "But he's been hitting the streets trying to get me booked to sing places."