You Got Me

Alicia

Dinner was amazing, Roberto had picked a great selection of food from carne frita (fried pork), pastelillos de pollo (chicken patties) , pincho (pork on a stick), sorullo (corn fritter cheese), maduros (sweet plantains), tostones (fried plantains) and pollo sopa (chicken soup). I was so full , I wasn't sure if I would be able to get off the damn floor!

I helped clear the table as Roberto collected all of the empty takeaway containers to throw away. I sat on the couch flipping through channels waiting for him to tell me where I was sleeping. I figured the couch would be fine, it looked as if it was big enough for two people to sleep comfortably with the chaise on one side.

Roberto came from the hallway and placed bedding on the end of the couch along with a pillow.

"I'll be back, I'm going to run the trash down to the bin." He said holding a huge bag of trash.

"Sure, I ain't going nowhere." I said smiling. He smiled, winked at me and left to dump the trash.

I helped myself to the bedding and spread out the flat sheet over the chaise part of the couch, threw down the pillow, sat down and covered myself with the comforter. I was engrossed watching American Idol and didn't realize Roberto had returned.

"Mami?" he said standing in my view of the television to get my attention.

""Huh?"

"I didn't put this out here for you." He said pointing to the bedding.

"What do you mean?" I was so confused.

"I didn't put this out here for you. You're not sleeping out here."

"Oh, well where am I sleeping?" I asked as I wondered who he laid the bedding out for. He smiled, walked over and held out his hand for me to take.

I took his hand and he pulled me off of the couch behind him and across the living room to his bedroom.

"You are going to sleep in here, in my bed." He said, looking at me. He was being so sweet, offering his room for me to sleep, but I didn't want to impose and make the man leave his own bed.

"But where are you gonna sleep?"

"On the couch."

"I can't let you do that. I'll be fine on the couch."

"I'm not allowing you to sleep on the couch." He stated. He was adamant about me not sleeping on the couch.

"But I can't just let you sleep on the couch, this bed is big enough for both of us." I said looking at him, hoping he would take the hint that I was giving. He looked at me, blushed and turned away.

"Naw, I'm good. You can have the bed." I was disappointed.

"Why? You can sleep with me in your bed, it's big enough. I don't bite, I swear." I said playfully tickling him. He chuckled and smiled at me.