Stay

Alicia

After the meeting, Roberto and I headed out to the radio station. We were prepped for questions they would most likely ask so we were ready for whatever. Roberto held my hand as we walked through the entrance to the radio station. We were meeting Dj Rocket and Fancy Jane of 102.5 Jamz. They were cool people to be honest, I had been a listener for a while and I liked their style because they allowed the artist to have a safe space to offer whatever truth they want the world to know which allows people to hear it directly for the artist themselves.

"Yo, yo, yo! People, we have Suave Rob and Alicia Givens with CFE Group in the House!" Dj Rocket yelled into the mic.

"Yes, yes they are in the house y'all. And they lookin' good and happy!" Fancy Jane said into the mic and the sound guy was on it with the applause; it had us smiling and having a good time.

"Okay, first things first. Suave Rob, it's good to see you man. It's been a minute. You disappeared on me man."

"Yeah, I know. It's good to see you man. Thanks for thinking about me and having me here. Yeah, a lot has changed man since I last saw you."

"That's right, you were with TS Entertainment and you left due to contract negotiations, is that right?"

"Yes, that is correct." Roberto acknowledged.

"I know there are a lot of rumors out there," Fancy Jane started. "And I want to first, thank you and Alicia for coming to set the records straight."

"It's good seeing you, Fancy Jane. Thank you for having us and thank you for allowing us to do that." Roberto nodded.

"Most welcome, you know how we do it here on 102.5 Jamz, you ain't new. But Alicia is, welcome Alicia!" she yelled into the mic. I smiled at the welcome and the noises the sound guy filled in the dead air.

"Thank you so much for having us, it's a pleasure. I listen to y'all all the time."

"Aww that's so sweet, thank you! We appreciate you too."

"Now getting down to business because we want to put all of the truth out there so we can squash all of the rumors, Suave Rob," DJ Rocket started.

"Wassup?" Roberto responded.

"First, the pictures have been seen of you and Alicia. They hit TMZ but they had no footage," DJ Rocket said.

"Thank goodness, those reporters be on you quick and in your face with the questions and some be out of pocket."

"This is true, but there wasn't any video, just pictures. So you already know what is being said so we are just going to ask," He hesitated making my heart pound in my chest. Rob must have sensed it as he reached over and held my hand, putting me at ease. "Is it true that Suave Rob and Alicia Givens are a couple?"

Roberto laced his fingers with mine and looked over at me sitting next to him. He leaned towards the microphone, his eyes still on me.

"Yes, we are." He kissed the back of my hand making me blush.

"You heard it here first - Suave Rob and Alicia Givens are a couple!"

"I knew it, I saw them when they walked in the station. They were holding hands, looking in love. Y'all were cute!" I smiled and Roberto squeezed my hand for reassurance.

"When did y'all get together?"

"Not long ago, it's still brand new." I chimed in.

"It's all good, that's when y'all finding out about each other." Fancy Jane added. "I love it."