It's My Time

Alicia

Shaunie sent me the picture that took my breath away. Honestly, I had been in denial for a while, it's just seeing the proof right in front of me was the evidence enough it was time for me to leave Maurice alone. It hurt because we had just had sex and he left to go and be with his boy, Calvin and some other female.

I didn't want to talk to him because I knew if he had the opportunity to 'explain' then I would fall right back in with him, and I was tired of being tired of dealing with him. The next day Shaunie and I went to the studio to sign the contract and inform them of an upcoming show that she had lined up for me at her cousin's club.

"Aww shit, that's nice. Didn't that place just open up? How did you get a show so quickly?" Monica asked.

Monica and Siedah were the only ones in the studio as Franklin and Marcus had other business to tend to with their other artists. We were going over the contract and scheduling some studio time to record a few songs for the show.

"It's my cousin's club. Her and her guy just opened it up. I asked if she could do a small show and they were thrilled. They've known Alicia could blow for a minute."

"Nice, I like the connections you got, girl." Monica responded.

"Right. That's the making of a manager right there." Siedah said, looking at me. I looked at Shaunie and agreed. She was the perfect manager for me.

"You're right. That's why from this moment forward, Shaunie will be my manager." I announced.

"Good call." Monica voiced. "But what about dude?"

"Yeah, did you tell him yet?"

I looked at Shaunie and just stared. I was so mad I didn't even know how to voice it calmly. I looked away, trying not to get emotional.

"Not yet. I just found out some news last night and I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal with it and him."

"What news?" Siedah asked, honestly curious. I looked at Shaunie and I shook her head.

"I was at the club last night and I peeped Maurice with other women." She said holding up the pictures she had taken.

"Oh wow," Monica blurted. "Well there's only one way to do that, which is quickly."

"Yeah, I know. I haven't talked to him because I know how he's gonna get. And I don't want to deal with all that. So I figured I would just ghost him."

"And you think that will work?" They said in unison, looking at me skeptically.

"Probably not. But I don't know what else to do. I don't want to talk to him. At all." I voiced.

"What my friend here is failing to explain is that she is 'dickmatized' and he has a way of getting her to do exactly what he wants her to do." Shaunie jumped in. The both of them raised their eyebrows and looked at me.

"Unfortunately, this is true." I admitted.

"Well you need to figure out how to tell him because he is going to figure something is up if you ain't responding to him."

"He ain't even contacted her since last night." Shaunice chimed in.

"Does he know you sent the picture?" Siedah asked.

"Yup and he had the nerve to threaten me."

"Threaten?" Both Monica and Siedah quipped. "We take threats very seriously."

"So do I." Shaunice said, opening her handbag to reveal a nice .22 caliber glock. "I have a license to carry a concealed weapon."

"Well Damn, she ready if shit should pop off!" Monica blurted out.