Thunderstruck

Alicia

I believe so much went on in the past two weeks than I had ever experienced so far in my lifetime. Aside from Roberto knocking the shit out of Maurice, which unexpectedly turned me on so much that we fucked like rabbits ending in Roberto and I confessing our feelings for each other, Siedah and Marcus got married. It was last minute but it was perfect and I was so happy that I was a part of it.

Everything after that was a blur and before I knew it, it was time for the showcase. Nerves and anxiety raced through me as I sat backstage waiting to go on. The crowd was lively and loud while I tried to focus and get outside my head. I had my earbuds in trying to go over the song that Roberto and I had together when he came up behind me.

"Hey Mami, how are you feeling?" He said, sliding his hands around my waist as he held me from behind.

"I'm good now, but honestly a little nervous." I said pulling out my earbuds.

'Aww Mami," he said, turning me around to face him. "Focus on me, once you get out there on the stage, I will be right off to the side. I won't leave you." He said gazing at me. He kissed my forehead as heard Taye was being announced to hit the stage.

I looked at him, our eyes met and I melted. We held a gaze that seemed like forever, he caressed my cheek and kissed me softly upon my lips. He held me and we swayed to Taye singing in the background. I was ecstatic being with Roberto, he made me smile. I didn't pay attention to anyone around us, it was as if we were in our own little world, it was just the two of us.

Things started getting hectic backstage while the crowd grew a bit larger and got louder. Just as Taye was on his last song, I made my way to the side of the stage. Roberto was right there with me as he said he would. The night sky was clear and the weather was humid. I wore a cute and sexy multicolored cami mini dress and strappy heels. Roberto looked good in a tan, vintage cotton-linen blend short sleeve shirt and a pair of washed, ripped black jeans with straps and zippered pockets.

I watched Taye from the side of the stage, captivating the audience. They were singing along with him as he worked the stage making sure he involved as many fans as possible. Suddenly I wanted to throw up as Taye was ending his song. My nerves were getting the better of me as I looked at Roberto. I felt like a panic attack was going to happen. Roberto held my face in my hands and smiled. He kissed me deeply, taking me away from everything that was going on in my head. He took my cares away quickly with one kiss.

"You got this, Mami. I believe in you." He said as my name was announced. The crowd went wild as I walked out on the stage, I was extremely flattered.

"Thank you everyone for coming out tonight!" The crowd cheered and applauded as the music started. "A'ight y'all, let's do this!" As soon as the beat hit, I was transported into another realm and I sang my heart out.

I looked over to the side of the stage, and just like he promised, Roberto was there. He smiled and swayed to the music off to the side as I performed for the crowd. Then just as quick I took the stage, it was time for me to pass the torch to Roberto. 

 My last song was our duet and we killed it. We were so in tune with each other as we danced and sang on stage together. We sang our duet to each other; it felt as if we were the only ones there. As we finished our song, we gave the crowd a bit of something special, as Roberto kissed me just before I left the stage. The crowd went wild, screaming and chanting our names. I hesitantly left the stage, wanting to absorb all of the energy the audience was supplying.

Roberto started his set and the ladies went crazy. I knew the ladies would love him, but I was happy he was going home with me. I had to use the bathroom so I decided to run quickly to the ladies' room so I could be waiting for Roberto when he finished. There was so many people scattered around backstage working on lights, sound, audio and everything, I kept getting bumped as I made my way to the bathroom