Such A Thing

Suave Rob

I hadn't told Alicia about my anger. It wasn't like I would lose control and go the fuck off for no reason. But I have a hatred for men that lay their hands on women. I completely understand, a female may get a man upset; there have been times in which some females may even take it a step farther, knowing their guy won't hit them, and will hit him instead, trying to get him to react so she would have a reason to call the police. But even in that type of relationship, a man should walk away. Even if the female is calling him out of his name, he still needs to walk away.

That is one of the characteristics of a Real Man.

I've been in that type of situation before whereas the woman I was dating got upset because I caught her up in her own shit and she wanna turn it around on me. No matter how mad I got, I walked away. That makes me the bigger person in the situation, that makes me the adult in the matter. But it irritates me when a man gets so mad that he hits a woman. 

I had enough of seeing that growing up. When I was little, my father was a bad drunk as he would want to fight all the time when he got lit. And of course, he took it out on my mother, that was until she got tired of his shit and beat his ass. He was never right after that, my mother gave him a concussion. But one thing did come of it, my father never hit my mother again. In fact, he stopped drinking altogether.

It hurt me to my heart and soul to see Alicia beaten like she was. I normally don't get emotional but seeing her like that, I did. If that motherfucker crosses my path, he might as well wish he was dead. Her beautiful face was bruised and her lip was busted by the powerful strike against her face, but I had her now with me. I held her hand as I pulled into the underground parking lot of Trailhead Apartments near Humboldt Park; the rumble of the bike echoed throughout the lot alerting everyone of my arrival. I backed my bike in my spot and turned it off. I held my hands against Alicia's as she was still holding on, with her head laying against my back. I loved when she held onto me; it was a surreal feeling.

I pulled off my helmet and hung it over my handlebars as Alicia sat up, unfastening her helmet and removing it. She still looked beautiful, her spirit was still there, just broken a little. She glowed as she looked at me, I knew she could feel what I'm sending out; she knows it's real. I took the helmet from her and helped her slide off the bike. I kicked out the stand and got off the bike. She stood looking cute as ever with the head scarf still on her head waiting for me to lead the way. I took her hand, lacing my fingers with her and pulled her along with me to the elevator bay.

She stood next to me, holding my hand quietly as we waited for the elevator to arrive. I turned to her and adjusted the scarf on her head. I stood a few inches above her; she looked adorable looking up at me, her eyes meeting mine. We gazed into each other's eyes which felt like hours, building the sexual tension between us. I looked at her lips slightly parted as she got lost in my gaze; I wanted to take her pain away and make her forget all about him. I didn't want her to have to worry about him ever again. I squeezed her hand and she smiled, bashfully.

The elevator dinged, breaking our connection. We walked into the elevator and I pushed the button to my floor. We arrived at my apartment, I opened the door and let Alicia in first. I flipped on the light and closed the door. My apartment wasn't much, but it was enough for me. It was pretty much an open concept with a bar area pass-through from the living room to the kitchen.

Alicia took off her shoes and walked around the apartment, settling on the big, comfy couch nearest the patio doors. "Your apartment is nice. I wouldn't have guessed you lived here."

"