Blocked

Shaunice

I figured that idiot would try something at the event, I'm glad I was able to handle it before shit got too serious. It was embarrassing because Maurice was acting a total ass in front of EVERYONE but they let me handle it and keep it under control. I treated Maurice so quickly he didn't expect that I would have the connections I did, but he knows nothing of me knowing the owner of the establishment.

Alicia did a great job and I was happy with the situation with Maurice not ruining it for everyone. To my understanding he wasn't able to get into the place until well after Alicia performed; he wasn't able to heckle her from the crowd and everyone loved her. She did fantastic but she always does when she's in her element. Marcus and Franklin were impressed when she blew at the house but she really let loose on stage.

A few days had gone by before Alicia told me that Maurice tried to contact her again. We don't live together, but I told her that she needs to have me stay over for a bit until Maurice gets the fucking hint that Alicia is done with him. But he seems like he wants her to tell him directly, just so he can play those mind games with her. I told her not to meet up with him alone because he might be on some crazy shit. Both Alicia and I work at O'Hare airport as janitors. The pay is damn good and we get to work independently emptying trash bins and cleaning up here and there. It's a pretty good job, no one bothers us as long as we do what is needed.

We were on our lunch break when Alicia started getting bogus ass text messages from an unknown number. We both knew it was Maurice's stupid ass. She just ignored it; she was finally done with him and healing. I was happy for her.

"So you think you'll get up with Suave Rob?" I munched on a walnut apple salad and a fruit smoothie.

We only had an hour for lunch but trying to compete with the travelers in the airport along with figuring out what we wanted to eat, cut our time down to about 30-40 minutes. We had to practically scarf the food down and taste it later.

"I don't know yet. His name is Suave Rob." Alicia said.

"He is Suave." I smiled.

"Yes, he is." Alicia smiled too. "But that's the problem, he's too suave. I'm mean, I don't know what to believe. Maurice was the same fucking way in the beginning. I don't know."

"Ok, true. He was, but you were with him. You saw things I didn't see, those are the things you need to be looking out for. You never called Maurice on his shit because you were dickmatized."

"Bitch," Alicia laughed and tapped my hand.

"Bitch you know I ain't lying, but still I understand, when that shit is good..,"

"Girl." She closed her eyes as if she was in the moment.

"Ok, stop. I don't need you going back because you need some dick." I quipped, looking at her as I stuffed a forkful of lettuce and walnuts in my mouth.

"See, that's why I don't need to be hooking up with anyone else right now. I don't want to fall for some good ass dick again just to forget the other stupid motherfucker and be back in the same shit I just left."

"I feel you. But I don't think Suave Rob is that way. But time will tell like you said. I'll wait. My vote is for Suave Rob." I smiled, scraping the bottom of the to-go container.

"How do you know he's a good guy?" she asked.

"Because I know. I have a feeling." I didn't know how to explain it but I feel Suave Rob saw Alicia for who she really is. "He must have some kind of morals by taking a chance and changing entertainment companies. I mean he couldn't take any of his music he made with TS Entertainment. He has to practically start over with CFE."