Prologue: PILOT

"There are millions of people in Hell scattered throughout the seven rings and nine circles. Some are sinners, some are Hell-born, and some are unlucky souls who got screwed in the living world."

"These are their problems."

A limousine was cruising through the streets as it was arriving to one of the lower areas in Pride Ring. Inside the vehicle was the Princess of Hell and her family.

Charlie Morningstar

Lucifer

Lilith

Lucifer: Are you sure this is a good idea, Charlie?

Charlie: Absolutely! I've done all my research and everything. I'm ready for this.

Lilith: Yes, we can see that. But, when we suggested adoption, I figured we'd be going to an orphanage from Pride or Wrath. Not the hellhound pound.

Charlie: I know it's not exactly the most ideal place to think about where to get kids. But, everyday, I'm seeing more and more of those poor pups getting tossed out of their homes and winding up in a worse place. I'm hoping that by adopting one, it'll give people encouragement to treat them more as family and less as slave workers. Plus, it could help bring people to the hotel once it's ready.

The hotel was a project Charlie was working on. Once a year, Hell goes through an overpopulation from the amount of residents they gain. Mostly with the sinners in the Pride Ring. To compensate for this, Heaven sends a group of killers known as the Exorcists to kill as many as they can. It doesn't matter if you're royalty, or a business owner, or just some unlucky person who didn't hide fast enough. When they see you, they hunt you down until you're killed. So, as an experiment to try and remove the need for the Extermination, Charlie is working on building a place to rehabilitate people so they can be sent to heaven. It's a long shot, but she's willing to try and make it work.