AU/AE: Stellarlune 37 (Keefe POV) Part 3

There was a quiet voice in the back of Keefe's mind reminding him to be careful, telling him to back off, to take her by the hand now that she'd stopped crying and yelling, imploring him to sit down beside her in the living area and ask her to open up to him.

But he ignored that voice, choosing not to play it safe, but to cling to her instead. So rather than stepping back and regrouping, he backed her up against the wall and kissed her deeply, not being at all careful or cautious as he pulled his hands out of her hair and grabbed her waist instead.

And he relished the way she quivered as his hands slid slowly down to her hips.

That quiet voice sent off another warning.

He ignored it as thoroughly as the first time.

Everything he picked up from Sophie now was something so entirely new to him, yet easy to name.

It was desire.

He almost felt like a telepath in that moment, like he could hear her asking him to hold her closer, to erase whatever it was that had been causing her so much anguish earlier.

And he was happy to oblige.

He broke the kiss, leaving her panting for breath as he began kissing down her neck, enjoying every little shiver that ran through her.

So he led her into the bedroom.

And felt a thrill as they made their way toward his bed, falling into it, discarding their clothes along the way.

"For the record," Sophie said breathlessly, "this wasn't what I had in mind when we came here tonight."

Keefe immediately stopped kissing her neck and straightened up to look her in the eye. "Do you want me to stop?" He quietly asked her.

He wouldn't push her. Not on this.

The little voice in the back of his mind begged her to say yes, to ask him to stop, to insist on getting dressed again and finding a way to cool down. Urged him to be reasonable, to remember they had a lot they needed to discuss and work through before taking this big of a step.

But she was, like him, too far gone to want to stop.

"No," she whispered, reaching up to take his face in her hands, pulling it back down towards hers. "I really, really don't."

So he grinned, ignored that small voice in his mind, and continued on.

Sometime later, Keefe found himself lying in bed with Sophie curled up beside him. He loved the way it felt to have her head resting on his chest. Enjoyed trailing his fingers up and down her arm with the lightest touch.

Neither of them had spoken yet.

Keefe was working on sorting through each of their emotions. Making sense of which were his and which were hers. This was difficult, because they seemed to be feeling many of the same things, and those things were erratic and all over the place.

There was an overpowering sense of bliss. That was all either of them felt at first.

And lying there with the girl he loved in his arms after sharing such an incredible, intimate thing?

Mostly he felt awed. Peaceful, even.

But then questions started gnawing at him.

That small voice suddenly much harder to ignore.

What have you done?

Why didn't you control yourself?

This was a huge error in judgment.