Chapter 1-10

Chapter 1 The Awakening of Dashilar

  Gu Shunhua felt something was wrong since she got off the train. She had a severe headache, as if something was hitting her brain, and her temples were bulging. Some pictures entered Gu Shunhua's mind like fragments from an old black-and-white movie, and she couldn't tell them apart. What is this? The whole person is confused.

  She took the tram and rushed to Dashilar. Passing by the Dengdeng Alley, she saw roasted sweet potatoes sold in front of the cooperative. These sweet potatoes were all crooked melons and dates. They didn't require a ticket, but they were expensive. She thought about buying two of them. sweet potato.

  But more fragments poured into her mind, making her brain hurt even more.

  Afterwards, there was a rumble, like thunder, and all the plot fragments were connected. She was enlightened and her brain was as clear as ever.

  In a trance, she opened her eyes wide, and everything in front of her was like a special lens effect in a movie theater, going from blurry to gradually clear.

  Looking towards the street from the entrance of the alley, you can see a large wooden signboard with red letters and black background facing a clock repairer. Two 28-gauge bicycles are parked in front of the door.

  On the streets, people flowed back and forth. There were elegant people wearing cotton wool, workers strutting in work clothes, some wearing hand-knitted scarves, and some wearing Lei Feng hats.

  The surrounding scene truly appeared in front of her, making her realize as never before that, yes, this was Dashilar, the capital city in the late 1970s. The dry cold and a hint of sweet aroma of roasted sweet potatoes filled the air, making her understand that this was Dashilar. It's a world that couldn't be more real.

  This street, this scene, this atmosphere has always been the same, no different from a few minutes ago, but Gu Shunhua at this time is no longer the same person as before.

  At this moment, her soul seemed to have been cleansed, and her brain suddenly had a lot of information that she had never had before.

  If she was muddled before, now her brain is as clear as ever. She sees the world she lives in, sees that this is just a book, sees all the words in this book, and sees herself and her surroundings. The context of human life.

  After seeing all this, her legs were weak and her hands were shaking. She was so shocked that her back felt cold.

  She held on to the telephone pole next to the street, and her brain slowly processed all the information.

  When she was fifteen years old, just after graduating from junior high school, she responded to the call to go to the northern Xinjiang desert to "colonize the land and guard the border" and joined the Inner Mongolia Construction Corps. At the foot of the Yin Mountains and the vast desert plains, she suffered countless hardships, just in this unbearable place. In distress, she met Ren Jingnian, a soldier one year older than her, and married him when she was nineteen. The two got married and lived together. One year after their marriage , they gave birth to a pair of twins named Manman and Duoduo.

  She originally thought this would be the end of her life, but who knew that a few years ago, the Inner Mongolia Production and Construction Corps was abolished, and the Houshan Coal Mine where they were located was handed over to the local autonomous region for management, and all the Corps soldiers and educated youth became employees of state-owned enterprises.

  In the past two years, educated youths have successively applied for "difficulty withdrawal" and "sickness withdrawal". Especially when an incident happened to an educated youth in a remote area, the process in this area was suddenly relaxed. Various places gave the green light, and many healthy people Educated youths have also "retired" and returned to the city one after another.