Chapter Thirty-Five

Mathias stretched languidly, a groan escaping him as he turned and curled himself around Anna.

As always, she snuggled back into him, her naked back pressing against his torso. 'You're finally awake.'

Chuckling, Mathias buried his nose into her hair. 'Only just,' he mumbled, his voice throaty and deep.

'The alarm went off an hour ago,' she chastised, rolling over to look at him. Her glasses sat on the end of her long slender nose, her book closing as she pressed it to her chest.

'And yet, here you are beside me,' he pointed out as he dipped his hand under the covers and pressed his palm to the small of her back.

'I wouldn't ask Greta to serve breakfast until you were awake,' she explained, leaning forward to kiss him on the cheek before she took her glasses off and set them aside. 'Happy birthday.'

Ah yes. November 7th. A day where he was supposed to lose his mind over inching ever closer to the grave. Did age really matter? Anna argued that he had no idea of the setbacks of being young because he'd been born to a life of privilege. And perhaps that was true. Ultimately, he simply didn't care to celebrate.

'Thank you, my cuckoo bird,' he sighed, nevertheless enjoying all the kisses she continued to plant across his face, neck, and shoulders. She was always so sweet and adoring but these seemed particularly affectionate. If this was something his birthday offered, then perhaps he could be persuaded to enjoy it properly for the first time.

'I'll go speak to her now so you can start your day off right,' said Anna, making to leave.

Mathias tugged her back, taking her book and chucking it on the floor.

'Mathias!' she protested, but stopped the moment he pulled her on top of him, his hands spreading her legs to fall either side of his waist.

'Breakfast isn't going to be the best start to my day,' he said with a smirk as he sat up and trailed his mouth over her nipples. 'Not when I have you naked and on top of me.'

'W-w have a busy schedule today,' Anna stammered out, her fingers winding into his hair in complete objection to her own words.

'And at no point did you think to factor in morning sex?' he replied, moving his hips so his cock rubbed against her cunt. 'What an oversight.'

Anna scoffed. 'You make it sound like I was in control of today's plans. You know Ernst curtailed everything I'd thought of.'

'Yeah, he does that,' sighed Mathias, trying to ignore the mounting pressure of seeing his mentor again. He hadn't seen Ernst in person since London, and they hadn't exactly been on the best of terms then. Ernst had called him only a week ago to confirm he would indeed still be visiting with his family as planned, and that he intended to celebrate Mathias' birthday to the maximum. What that entailed, he truly had no idea.

It wasn't likely to have allowed enough time for him to enjoy his little cuckoo bird to the fullest though.

Pressing Anna tight against his chest, Mathias looked around her at his door. 'GRETA?' he yelled.

Anna jumped, immediately sighing as she rolled her eyes. 'Mathias, for god's sake, don't shout at her like that.'

Moments later there was a small knock on the door before it opened a crack. Greta didn't appear, but it was clear she was there. So well trained. 'How can I help, Herr Keller?'

'Anna and I will take breakfast in bed,' he said. 'Something quick would be good, we don't have much time.'

'I have fresh bread and preserves, would that work for you?'