chapter 6 - nothing changes

"What is grief, if not love persevering?"

Heard that from a show that I never expected to hear.

But it stuck with me, the meaning of it.

To lose someone you lost but it doesn't erase the love you had felt for them.

I guess that's what it means from my perspective.

Waking up, feeling the cold breeze of my room but yet so warm.

My alarm woke me up.

I rubbed my eyes, instinctively turning off my alarm with one hand before turning to the other side.

"Mhmm"

She smiled in her sleep, she slept beside me last night though things didn't escalate.

Suzy slept over last night and if I remember. I was drinking with Belle and-

Oh.

Right.

That happened.

I rubbed my hands on my face and then sat up.

I was half naked though I remember she took off my t-shirt to feel my warmth while we slept.

I admire that honestly, to feel someone's warmth is, special. To say the least.

I got out of bed, tucked her in while I grabbed my clothes for today's class and headed into the bathroom to freshen up.

After doing so, I headed back out of the bathroom, putting away the laundry of my clothes from last night that clearly smelled like a mixture of alcohol and memories of last night.

I went into the kitchen and started to make the lunches for the girls and breakfast for Suzy.

Thinking to myself was a pretty hard thing as I tried to remember everything last night.

"I fucking hate people like you"

Wow. forgot she even said that.

But it wasn't out of pure hatred. I understood what she meant, how she felt towards me. But my feelings weren't as direct as hers were.

I just want a quiet life and even though I told myself I wouldn't mind if they advanced towards me romantically. It's just. I need to get myself on the ground first, I've barely been in this job and I want to do good work and.

I'm making excuses for myself.

I just don't understand yet, I just need time.

Time.

What a concept.

—--

The hour passed and I stacked all of the lunchboxes together and put Suzy's breakfast on the island for her.

Speaking of, she comes out of my room yawning

Suzy - good morning *yawns*

Y/N - morning noona.

She walks over to me, giving me a kiss on the cheek

Suzy - I remember last night, I thought I wouldn't *yawns*

Y/N - right.

Suzy - thanks for last night, I really needed some of that.

Y/N - you know, you can't keep using me because you feel lonely.

She sat on the island countertop while I gave her chopsticks for her to eat

Suzy - I'm not lonely, I have you.