chapter 22 - I won't ever let go.

"Don't go."

I heard her voice, it yells from afar but I cannot run to help her.

But with an open mind,

Free from its shackles.

My eyes opened as her voice was now much more in front of me, her body shaking as her face crumpled

Y/N - Suze.

Sitting up in the bed, her own tears stained our sheets.

Grabbing her arms,I held her as she yelled

Suzy - HAJIMA!

She's talking in her sleep, this was quite normal for me.

But, tonight was different again.

She hasn't recovered since that day.

Sometimes, she's unaware, quiet, taking on my own habits as she would zone out too, my efforts try to reach her but unsuccessful to gain her attention.

Y/N - it's okay, I'm here. Suji-ah.

In the position I was in.

Instead of holding her arms, I wrapped her around with mine. Pushing her up to my body as she cried onto me.

Y/N - it's okay.

My voice was soft, the scars on my skin shook with my own pain that still remained within me. It's one I can relate to a little, but I have to be the very best for her. Even for the moments that seemed unfruitful.

I looked around the room, a habit I seemed to also pick up when I would crash awake in the middle of the night.

It's dead silent but other than the sounds of her passing sniffles, her body becoming still as her hands laid itself on my chest.

Suzy - Y- Y/N...

Y/N - it's okay.

Looking down at her, she was still asleep, but out of my care for her, I gave her a kiss on the forehead.

Despite everything that had happened.

I love her as much, as I always did.

She has a past that's ashamed of. One that morally clashes with the positives, but. That's not her, like she had said. That I know.

That part of her is gone.

I like to believe that she had found herself at one point, maybe sometime after she met me.

But only she knows the answer to that, I just hope I'll be around to hear it.

Putting my chin on top of her head, she moved around just a bit as she talked more in her sleep.

My eyes darted around the room once more, with a thought in my head as it lingered inside of me.

Y/N - it's been a- a wild time hasn't it Suze?

I knew she couldn't hear me, I'm not too good at this at all.

Y/N - it's mean. Well, for me to do this to you. I want to wake you up, to tell you it's okay. But a part of me believes you probably punch me in the stomach.

Softly laughing for a second there, It was alright until it wasn't.

Y/N - I can only say these words to you and it'll mean nothing at the end of it.

She talks more and more, her breath quickening as she suddenly shouted again.

Y/N - Miahne. Miahne-