chapter 19 - my bloody valentine (pt 1)

"Love, that on gently heart doth swiftly seize, seized this man for the person beautiful

That was ta'en from me, and still the mode offends me"

That was from Dante's 'The Divine Comedy', it came from the first section. 'Inferno', in its fifth Canto.

I remember getting my hands on a copy of it and that line particularly, in it's repetition of the word love which ironically, condenses itself while in 2nd circle of hell where Dante and Virgil had met a tortured soul condemned to her suffering because of adultery, only by slip of the tongue to her foul affair with her brother rather than admitting fault of her sin

It is quite funny, blaming the angel Cupid for their affair.

I wonder too, if Cupid is awake till the present.

With the sunshine ever more so clear, always breaking in and letting itself be presented in the confines of my shallow, yet convoluted room.

She laid next to me, her arms occupied by the feeling of my bare flesh onto her.

Her soft voice called to me

Suzy - baby?

Y/N - yeah?

Looking down onto her, putting my book down to the sheets where she softly smiled. Oozing out her purity to me.

Suzy - whatcha reading?

Booking back down at my book, its covers shouted out to me in its off white colouring, the loud simplistic text containing the book's name.

Y/N - Once upon a time in Hollywood, it's a novelisation of a movie apparently. by Quentin Tarantino.

Suzy - oooo.

Y/N - I never saw the movie but this is quite interesting.

Suzy - have you ever seen any Tarantino films?

Y/N - I don't think so? I know he's some big Hollywood director. My dad has talked about him before.

Suzy - oh really? Not even Kill Bill or Pulp Fiction?

Y/N - what's that?

Suzy - his films.

Y/N - oh.

Suzy - he has a lot of good movies to his name, they're all quite interesting actually.

Y/N - well, I wouldn't mind watching but again. My attention span to movies compared to books is slim since I don't take interest in watching pictures.

Suzy - pictures? They're not a picture book.

Y/N - no no, pictures as in motion pictures. It's a quaint term to describe films. I thought you would know that, aren't you an actress? No offence

Suzy - none taken, I don't think I ever really came across someone who described it like that so I wouldn't know either.

Y/N - yeah sorry, we can maybe watch it sometime whenever we have a chance.

Her soft laughter fueled me more, indulging in her eccentric go lucky personality that only I got to see. I was honoured, but yet contemplated on her full permission to really take it in. It's special but I don't think I have adapted to it, yet.

Snuggling a bit more to me, I felt her breast touch against me. Her body was bare as well, opting to take off her underwear at night sometimes for comfortability but I had gotten used to seeing her alluring figure. But it doesn't initiate lust, only I think so when it's the right time I can further act on it.

I shiver a bit, making her flinch a little from it being caressed on my arm

Suzy - are you okay?

Y/N - yeah sorry, just- you're a bit cold oddly enough.