chapter 18 - better days ahead

My eyes opened to Suze's face in front of me, softly still. Her eyes still closed but she was majestic to look at like it was a sculpture made of marble.

Softly smiling, and with my strength. I lifted my arm and my hands guided itself to her face.

It was soft to the touch. Her skin cushioned my touch and all I could do was be mesmerised by her.

The way I was here right now, only taking in this moment with her.

I used to think I wasn't able to deserve certain things in life.

Like falling in the depths of what it felt like being loved, and to love them back.

Or to enjoy the in-between of days where everything feels so still sometimes, where you feel like you're on cloud nine only to fall in the graces of the best parts that was the ground.

Only to be picked up by the ones who pull you in for a hug and tell you everything will be alright.

I still think I'm selfish enough because I don't deserve it at all. But, to where I am now.

Breaking out of your cocoon is raw, but I'm coming out like a fish out of water when I can live life as it is now.

Y/N - you're so beautiful you know that?

Telling her that in a voice that you could barely hear, insecure of letting my voice out there. But deep down, I wish she heard it.

Taking my hand off of her face, I leaned in to kiss her forehead.

I could only wish for more to do.

Doing that, I sat up slowly. Letting my eyes guide towards the door.

Stretching my back, letting it crack and reverberate throughout the room. I got up and walked out the bedroom door.

Following the same routine, I always have done. Taking a shower, looking at myself in the mirror to shave and keep the same facial hair that Nat told me to keep.

Changing into my common wear of the same clothes that stay the same in my closet, I walked out of the bathroom and went to the kitchen.

For the next hour, I ended up cooking a lot, just enough for the three of us and had my breakfast on the couch.

Amy left the country a while ago.

Had to go back to settle a case, but I had come to terms with the revelation of Jinsol, my younger sister.

Kind of weird to think about since it was out of nowhere but I'm glad that I have her too. At least I have family I could see in the country except for my uncles or aunties. I'm just not close with them but I want to get close to Jinsol, just to make up for time.

Looking through the pages of my book that I had newly started. My head turns towards my bedroom door, in thought of Suze.

She's had a long week, working all week and today was one of the next few days of her vacation.

Setting my book down on the coffee table. I got up from the couch, walking over to the bedroom door.

Putting my hand against it, I gently open it, letting the door creak a bit but I don't want to wake her up.

Letting myself inside, making sure the floorboards don't make a sound. I looked at her sleeping body, noticing the blanket was off of her.

Tip toeing to her, I grab the blanket and put it on her softly.

She groans a bit, moving her body a bit to the side facing me. Her eyes were still closed but she grabbed the pillow where my head usually goes and hugged it