chapter 27 - strangers

Y/N - m- motherfucker...

Waking from the birds chirping, the smell of mahogany intensely filled my nose.

An everlasting familiar smell that I've accustomed to, it's been a while since I had felt this feeling.

It was gloomy today, judging by the window outside as I put on my glasses.

In midst of the wilted skies up above,

My eyes focused on the morning sun to say hello once more,

Like a friend or a companion who would stick by you like honey

The mist impervious of the cries that melted down below

Giving us, blinding, rays and kisses of light

it breathes through the animals, the small bugs, our friends and the delinquents

But through and and through, it is a time to look forward on and on.

Sitting up, my colourful graphic pyjamas of my favourite animal printed on me caught my attention, making me laugh softly and gently despite my tired, sunken eyes.

Y/N - haha. Thanks Jules for this.

I remember Christmas just a few weeks ago,

Our gifts were bountiful and precious to hold, I wasn't one to expect presents since the only person who would give me any were Ames and HK after 4th year since my mother and father said I was too old to receive presents but, the ones I gained were reminders of a past I hold deep to.

And getting up from the armchair, I silently walked down the stairs going downstairs where it was quiet,

Seeing the empty living room, kitchen and dining room.

It's still, the same.

And it feels like it too.

For a second there, I almost forgot I came with people too.

But the sound of a bang from upstairs reminded me that I wasn't alone.

Y/N - I think someone dropped something

Choosing to ignore it, I walked over to the kitchen where I looked at an open bag of grinded coffee that I bought yesterday alongside the other stuff.

People say they need coffee to wake them up, for me. I just enjoy a morning brew.

Grabbing the kettle beside it, I opened it and filled it with water as I yawned

Y/N - hmmmm. Should I talk to myself?

Eyeing around me, I shrugged and went through with that thought

Y/N - soooo. What should I do today E/N?

"Dumbass they're here too"

Y/N - oh right, thanks brain

"You're a idiot"

Y/N - wow so mean, why is my own subconscious a dickhead

"YOU'RE LITERALLY IMAGING YOUR OWN VOICE IN YOUR HEAD, YOU'RE THE ONE DOING IT"

Facepalming, feeling embarrassed of myself

Y/N - Jesus Christ, is this how I lived with myself for so long before I moved?

My attention was caught with a knock on the door which was, odd? Especially since it's 9am in the morning.

Putting the kettle down and putting it on to heat up, my feet slide against the floorboards walking up to the front door and opening it.