10

If anyone had told the eldest Danvers daughter that tonight she'd meet the woman she'd be spending the rest of her life with she would have punched you in the face. However when Alex pulled up in her car the first thing she saw the brunette standing with Kara and Lena her heart began to beat harder in her chest, as her normally dry palms began to sweat she swallowed hard as she realized that this was the same woman from the coffee shop. "Alex! You made it!" Kara exclaimed as she the redhead a hug. "Alex, this is Lena, Sam and her daughter Ruby! Guys! This is my older sister Alex!" Kara stated as she introduced everyone. "Nice to meet you Alex!" Lena said shaking the redheads hand.

"Yea! You too! It's nice to finally meet my sister's girlfriend!" Alex states with a smile. "It's nice to meet you too Sam, Ruby! I hope you're ready for an exciting weekend." Alex explains as they head towards Alex's suv. "Here I'll get the bags, everyone go ahead and get in." Alex adds. Lena and Kara take the back seat, while Ruby takes the last row leaving Sam to the passenger side while Alex drives. Alex finishes up putting the bags in the cargo holder and gets into the drivers seat surprised to see Sam sitting in the passenger seat. "Everyone comfortable? Ruby you ok back there?" Alex asks the twelve year old. "Yea! I'm all set!" Ruby replies with a smile on her face.

"Ok! Let's go then shall we!" Alex exclaims as she fires up the engine and pulls the suv into the road. "So...what is Midvale like? Kara and Lena have been telling me some things about it." Sam says trying to make conversation. "Oh...it's a nice little town. There's lots of little shops and stuff to do. There's a roller rink, a movie theater, lots of restaurants and the park." Alex explained.

In the back seat Kara and Lena are sitting close together watching as the redhead and the brunette make idle chitchat. "Told you this was a good idea." Lena whispered. "I never doubted you once Lee." Kara whispered. In the row behind them Ruby is smiling at her mom talking to Alex. Even at twelve years old she can easily see that the redhead is making her mom happy and that makes her happy.