Chapter 4 What's Your Name

With the sunrise gently casting its rays into the cave, the girl awoke, greeted by the harmonious melodies of birdsong and a delicate breeze, a subtle shiver reminding her of the cool morning air.

As she gracefully rose from the soft animal hide, its plushness providing comfort, the remnants of the fire had dwindled to embers, casting a warm, dim glow. Surveying her surroundings with growing familiarity, her eyes settled on the mysterious male. He had now taken the initiative to prepare a simple breakfast spread, featuring an assortment of fruits, a refreshing salad, and a bowl of crystal-clear water - all under the assumption that she was a herbivore female. "Morning again," he greeted with a warm smile, gesturing toward the inviting breakfast. The girl, now more accustomed to his presence, returned a grateful smile. Dressed in the beautiful white dress and silk underwear crafted by her newfound companion, she felt a mixture of gratitude and curiosity about this unexpected turn of events.

After a satisfying breakfast, he motioned toward the entrance of the cave, a silent suggestion to explore the surrounding wonders. Fueled by curiosity and a growing desire to understand the enigmatic male, the girl eagerly followed his lead. The cave opened up to reveal a breathtaking landscape. Lush greenery enveloped a pristine lake, its calm surface reflecting the vibrant hues of the morning sky. The air carried the sweet fragrance of wildflowers, and the distant sounds of rustling leaves and animal calls formed a soothing symphony. "It feels so warm, and the sun is shining!" she exclaimed, her joyous sentiment conveyed through a radiant smile.

The male, mostly silent but emanating a reassuring, strong presence, guided her through a concealed path winding its way through the woods. "Do you enjoy the warm weather?" he inquired with a curious glance, but she simply responded with a warm smile. As they encountered various plants, he collected some with practiced hands, explaining their uses in a language she couldn't understand but appreciated nonetheless. As the day unfolded, she felt a growing connection with him. The language barrier persisted, yet their silent communication and shared experiences fostered a bond that transcended words. Every step of the journey became a chapter in their silent narrative.

With the sun gracefully making its descent, they returned to the cave. The male, displaying a proficiency with fire-making, rekindled the flames. Now more accustomed to this newfound reality, she prepared herself for another night enveloped in the cave's comforting embrace. Curiosity sparked within her to know more about her mysterious companion. She gestured to herself, saying, "Samaya," and then pointed to him intermittently, expecting a name in return. A light smile played on his lips as he uttered, "Leviathan." Recognizing that the name might be a mouthful, she opted for a pet name, suggesting "Lev" after saying "Leviathan." He didn't mind and reciprocated the smile.

As she reclined on the soft animal hide, surrounded by the fire's warmth, she found solace in the companionship of Leviathan and the mysteries that awaited them in the enchanting realm of the cave by the lake. The dance of shadows on the cave walls seemed to mirror the intricate dance of connection and discovery that unfolded between them.